1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 16, 2009 10:02 AM by

intel desktop board 845wn facing problem with bios update

lansavilenora

Hello, I have intel desktop board 845wn mother board and bios version is "HV84510A.86A.0029.P07" Actualy i need to update bios. So I downloaded file from below site. http://downloadcenter.intel.com/download.aspx?url=/6145/eng/HV86AP15BI.EXE&DwnldId=6145&lang=eng

file name is "HV86AP15BI.EXE" is a zip fle. I need to run this in dos mode because i dont have operating system in my pc. Even i am facing so many problems when i loading xp. So i decided to update bios.  The zip file which i downloaded, i unziped it and copied only two files in bios bootable cd  "FLASH.EXE and P15_0050.BIO". When i run the i flash.exe, main menu will come "update flash memory area from a file". Then "update system bios". now it will ask to enter the path and data image file. I cellected P15_0050.BIO and press enter. Then red window will come it will show 50%comp and disapier within a second. and red error mesage window will come "(H03):could not open input file "

And I tried other command also from Z:\IFLASH /PF P15_0050.BIO but same error willcome. Is it a rite prociedure of updating bios ? and is it a rite file which i downloaded bios update file? Please help me

Thank you

lancy

• 1. Re: intel desktop board 845wn facing problem with bios update

intel desktop board 845wn facing problem with bios update

Hello, I have intel desktop board 845wn mother board and bios version is "HV84510A.86A.0029.P07" Actualy i need to update bios. So I downloaded file from below site. http://downloadcenter.intel.com/download.aspx?url=/6145/eng/HV86AP15BI.EXE&DwnldId=6145&lang=eng

file name is "HV86AP15BI.EXE" is a zip fle. I need to run this in dos mode because i dont have operating system in my pc. Even i am facing so many problems when i loading xp. So i decided to update bios.  The zip file which i downloaded, i unziped it and copied only two files in bios bootable cd  "FLASH.EXE and P15_0050.BIO". When i run the i flash.exe, main menu will come "update flash memory area from a file". Then "update system bios". now it will ask to enter the path and data image file. I cellected P15_0050.BIO and press enter. Then red window will come it will show 50%comp and disapier within a second. and red error mesage window will come "(H03):could not open input file "

And I tried other command also from Z:\IFLASH /PF P15_0050.BIO but same error willcome. Is it a rite prociedure of updating bios ? and is it a rite file which i downloaded bios update file? Please help me

Thank you

lancy