1. Download the latest Yocto image from Intel's website and dfutil.exe from here
Image - IoT - Intel® Edison Board Download | Intel® Developer Zone
For Windows -
dfutil - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54378433/dfu-util/dfu-util.exe and put it inside the folder where you have the files for the image in your PC
Thanks to CMata_Intel for the file and method to do flashall.
Copy the dfu-util.exe file into the Yocto Image folder you downloaded earlier. You shoudl also see a flashall.bat file over there too.
If you are using Linux or Mac OS - Re: No Edison Drive After Failed Flash
2. Connect the cable to Serial port of Edison (Not the power port. We don't want to power up the Edison yet)
3. Open Putty and connect to Edison via Serial and badurate 115200
4. Connect the power cable to Edison
5. You should start seeing a boot up sequence right now
6. Hit any button at the prompt shown below
MMC: tangier_sdhci: 0
Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0
7. Type in the command - run do_flashNow the edison is ready to receive the flashall sequence
8. Got to the folder where the Yocto image was copied and open it. Double click on the flashall.bat file. This will open up a cmd prompt.
9. It would ask you to reboot the board. Unplug ONLY the power USB and replug it
10. In the cmd prompt, you'll see flashall starting to downloading the necessary files to Edison. Additional progress can be viewed in putty
Its'll take 5 mins or more to complete the flashing.
11. Reboot Edison. It'll be as good as new.
Retrieving data ...