Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20596 Discussions

Can't get 2560x1440 in cloned view / using DisplayPort to mini-DsiplayPort cable, ThinkPad T540P and iiyama Prolite xb2779qs

ABrom
Novice

Hi,

I'm using Lenovo ThinkPad T540p with native resolution of 2880x1620, plus an external display iiyama Prolite XB2779QS with native res. 2560x1440. In extended display mode, everything works fine, but with cloned view, I can't get any higher than 2048x1152. The equipment is connected with a displayPort to mini-displayPort cable, so in theory I should be able to achieve it.

OS - Windows 7.

The laptop is equipped with 2 cards - Intel (integrated) and nVidia GT 730M.

Adding a custom resolution using Intel graphics control panel doesn't work - bandwidth exceeded, I tried all possible setting combinations, even 30Hz (though it's not sufficient for my work).

As for nVidia control panel - I can't do anything with it because it's empty.

I updated both nVidia driver and the iiyama monitor .INF file. The monitor is recognized correctly by the system.

Can I get 2560x1440 in cloned view somehow...?

Thanks!
5 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello changeofmood,

In this case when you're cloning you will be mirroring the resolution of the built-in screen, what happens here is that the resolution of the external display it's not supported to the resolution of the built-in screen so the graphics driver creates a resolution where the external display can be view but not to the native resolution.

Regards,

Amy.

ABrom
Novice

Hello Amy,

Thanks for replying.

The question is why the built-in screen can't support 2560x1440 if it supports a bigger one - 2880x1620?...Any technical reason for that? I'm trying to understand...

Kind regards,

Anna
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

In this case the issue here is that your monitor is not being fully recognized by your computer this is related that the EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) of your external display that is out of date; my recommendation at this point is to contact your external display manufacturer so they can provide you with a new firmware.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
ABrom
Novice

I don't think this is the case, or that there is any problem with the external monitor - I mentioned in my first post that I've already got the latest software from iiyama, and the monitor is recognized correctly.

Kind regards,

Anna

0 Kudos
Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

Hello changeofmood

Please provide your http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-009476.htm Graphics Drivers — Intel® Graphics Driver Report

Additionally, please provide https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/300887 msinfo32* file and http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/run-directx-diagnostic-tool Run DirectX Diagnostic Tool* and post the results here so we could use that information to find the root of the issue.

Regards,

Caesar B.

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

0 Kudos