5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2011 7:47 PM by Flying_Kiwi

why my DG41TY is only detecting 1.99 Gb RAM instead of 3.23 Gb (4 Gb installed) ?

lorolia

I have a DG41TY board but is only showing (under windows XP PRO 32 bit) 1.99 Gb Ram.

Under BIOS is showing 4096 Mb Ram DDR 2 - 667, Dual channel mode (This is correct because I have 2 memory modules of 2 Gb each)

What is wrong?

Some more info, I´m using an XFX video card Nvidia 9400 GT with 1 Gb RAM....If I remove it and boot into OS then it shows 2.96 Gb.( I smell flaky BIOS)

What can I do in order to fully detect 3.23 Gb of RAM under OS (windows XP Pro,32 bit) with the XFX video card placed?

I already tried 2 more pairs of memory (2 memory modules of the same speed  DDR 2 667 each of 2 Gb and 2 memory modules DDR 2 - 800 of 2 Gb, the result is the same)

I smell BIOS update here with a proper detection method for the memory....I must say I already updated the BIOS to version 0033 and the result is the same!!!

I already tried another board (same model) and another video card (same model) and the result is the same

I did this because I bought 2 of each...I mean, I have 2 DG41TY boards, 2 video cards, 4 - 2 Gb memory modules Kingston DDR 2 - 667 and the result is the same.

If I run CPUID (CPU-Z version 1.52.2) under OS then it does detects the 4 Gb (2 memory modules of 2 Gb each)

I must say that my windows XP Pro, 32 bit SP3 installation works perfect (did clean install 2 times and the result is the same)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Message was edited by: lorolia

Message was edited by: lorolia