1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 25, 2015 11:35 PM by Cesar Badilla

Intel(R) Technology Access Version 1.4.4.1000

KilltheMCP

Hi, I have been trying to find some kind of tech support for intel, but this forum seems to be the only place I can submit a problem, so here goes.

I have a windows 8.1 with an intel Core i5 processor.  Installed on my computer is Intel Update Manager and Intel Technology Access.  The update manager shows a record of "

Intel(R) Technology Access Version 1.4.4.1000" which had attempted to install 3 times on my computer over the past 7 weeks and failed each time.  In addition to failing, each time this "technology access" was performed, practically every driver associated with accessing the internet was "experiencing problems".  The only way I was able to fix the problem was by doing a system restore each time.  After this update failing twice, I attempted to disable the manager, and to no avail since the same thing occurred again.... exactly 2 weeks later.  Is there a fix for this?  Can I uninstall the update manager to fix the problem?  Or will that kill something else in my computer?  In any case, I don't want to have to do another system restore next week when it's due to check again...without my permission... I really don't have time for uninvited system failures.