Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20690 Discussions

Intel(R) Technology Access Version 1.4.4.1000

AGers
Beginner

Hi, I have been trying to find some kind of tech support for intel, but this forum seems to be the only place I can submit a problem, so here goes.

I have a windows 8.1 with an intel Core i5 processor. Installed on my computer is Intel Update Manager and Intel Technology Access. The update manager shows a record of "

Intel(R) Technology Access Version 1.4.4.1000" which had attempted to install 3 times on my computer over the past 7 weeks and failed each time. In addition to failing, each time this "technology access" was performed, practically every driver associated with accessing the internet was "experiencing problems". The only way I was able to fix the problem was by doing a system restore each time. After this update failing twice, I attempted to disable the manager, and to no avail since the same thing occurred again.... exactly 2 weeks later. Is there a fix for this? Can I uninstall the update manager to fix the problem? Or will that kill something else in my computer? In any case, I don't want to have to do another system restore next week when it's due to check again...without my permission... I really don't have time for uninvited system failures.
1 Reply
Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

Hello KilltheMCP,

Please try updating to latest version from here https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24415 Intel® Download Center

In regards to uninstalling the Intel(R) Technology Access Version you may get more information from this website http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/Intel-R-Technology-Access-0012044385b89a9ae10aa0ae6b792c29-application.htm Intel(R) Technology Access version 1.4.4.1000 by Intel Corporation - How to uninstall it *

If you are getting any error, please post here screenshots of the error message you are getting while re-installing the Intel(R) Technology Access Version 1.4.4.1000

Regards,

Caesar B.

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

0 Kudos