10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2011 7:34 AM by

RMA Status

mechbob

How or Where does a person find out the Status of a RMA , I have tried to search on the RMA # no joy , I have tried to search on the case # no joy. So if a person has sent a MOMBO in for how do you find out the Status of your board???

• 1. Re: RMA Status
          Cpt.Dogfruit

Hi,

If you have a Airwaybill number you could look at the couriers website (DHL,FedEx). Or with your RMA or case number you could call Intel support and they can tell you. Here are their contact numbers:http://www.intel.com/support/9089.htm

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: RMA Status
            mechbob

Tried that this morning but they are not open yet they are on PST even though your RMA goes to KY. will call later

• 3. Re: RMA Status
              mechbob

Well UpDate to RMA Status I sent my board to Intel with a letter telling exactly what was wrong the board Bad connection Channel A Dimm O, And I get a Email back form the Experts at the RMA department Saying that the CPU Pins were bent and that they could not cover that under under warranty, NOW WE ALL KNOW that a LGA775 Does not have pins , So whats with these EXPERTS ???

• 4. Re: RMA Status
                Cpt.Dogfruit
                Hi,

Sorry to hear that!
                So what are your options? have yyou had the board back? can you seen any damage to the sockets?
                • 5. Re: RMA Status
                  mechbob

I am working on it through the Management channels , Hoplfuly they can see that their Tech. Made a Bad diaganosis. And realize that a LGA775 socket Has no pins , And they will Reevaluate their desision. So right now it's a wait and see. Hopefuly INTEL will do the right thing.

• 6. Re: RMA Status
                    Cpt.Dogfruit

At least they have appeal channels and their customer support ain't too bad, you can at least talk to them...unlike other companies.

On a side not, i hate to say but the LGA775 socket does have pins....not like the old p4 cpus but they do have pins.....

• 7. Re: RMA Status
                      mechbob

With a Q9550 using flat solder balls you would need to use a pair of channel locks to been anything ??

• 8. Re: RMA Status
                        Cpt.Dogfruit

????

• 9. Re: RMA Status
                          mechbob

Intel did finaly agree to replace the board , Thanks to A nice Lady Rose Vega Customer Support Manager , she called me yesterday and told me they were going to send me a AA# 404 Ver. this week , Nice Lady Good Intel employee Intel should keep this person. Intel is still # 1 in my book , just sometimes you get a warranty Tech. makes a hasty decision , Insteed of realy checking the problem, So I can't blame Intel for one bad apple. So Happy ending .

• 10. Re: RMA Status

I have the same problem. I don't have to be a Professor of Electrical Engineering or a forensic expert to know that the reason for the motherboard burn out was because low life components. I cant see in the affected area of the motherboard a lot of dead burned resistors. When the resistance equals zero any motherboard will have a short circuit and burn out as result. If Intel does not cover dead components what they cover? Intel 3 year warranty must to be a fairytale (scam).