11 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2015 10:17 AM by Intel_Alvarado

Galileo gen 2 streaming problem

PranavP

I've recently interface a webcam with Galileo board and tried video streaming but it's working out plz help

thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Galileo gen 2 streaming problem
          Intel_Alvarado

Hi,

What specifically is not working? What webcam model are you using? Are you following any specific guides? What code are you running? Are you using the standard Yocto image or the IoT image?

Sergio

• 2. Re: Galileo gen 2 streaming problem
            PranavP

Hi,

Good Day,

I've connected a webcam to Galileo gen 2 . I'm using Intex IT-305WC model of webcam. Yes am using a guides which I got on this

" http://www.instructables.com/id/Streaming-USB-Webcam-with-the-Intel-Galileo-Gen-2/ " website .I used Debian IoT image for operating system. My problem is that after using fswebcam command it's capturing image very well but when I want to stream my webcam using mjpg_streamer command it's starts streaming but I'm not able see it on firefox browser the real time streaming. So how should I be able to see that real time streaming. And then how to perform face detection and then recognition on that real time streaming.Please give me detailed information on how to watch that live streaming and then how to perform operations on it.

• 3. Re: Galileo gen 2 streaming problem
              Intel_Alvarado

Hi,

Did you complete step 4 of the guide? At the end of the guide you should type “In your browser type in <IP-Address>:8080/stream_simple.html”, were you able to complete this step?

According to this guide you should see streaming with no issues, however there is going to be some lag in the image that’s caused by multiple reasons, such as OS, size of the file streamed and other configuration options.

Regarding object recognition you can take a look at some OpenCV tutorials OpenCV Tutorials — OpenCV 2.4.11.0 documentation .

Sergio

• 4. Re: Galileo gen 2 streaming problem
                PranavP

Hi,

Actually that 4th step gives this error :

ERROR: could not find input plugin

Perhaps you want to adjust the search path with:

# export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/plugin/folder

dlopen: input_uvc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

so I used another guide given on this website :  "  How to build and run MJPG-Streamer on the Raspberry Pi - miguelgrinberg.com  "

So then it starts streaming then after typing these "<IP-Address>:8080/stream_simple.html" it starts loading but nothing displays on screen I've attached the screenshot it remains forever like that in the screenshot, on terminal also it show the streaming is started but I'm not able watch it I'm stuck there .

So please tell me how to solve this problem it's been a headache

Screenshot (22).png

• 5. Re: Galileo gen 2 streaming problem
                  Intel_Alvarado

Hi,

A few suggestions:

• One of the requirements of the guide is that you use a camera which is compatible with UVC, try using one of the cameras in this list http://www.ideasonboard.org/uvc/. Additionally make sure you have uvc installed.
                  • Make sure all the dependencies are correctly installed.
                  • If you are using a different camera, are the drivers for the camera correctly installed and in the latest version? Make sure the driver version is compatible with the kernel version of your OS.
                  • Run the command: sudo apt-get update
                  • While installing mjpg_streamer and fswebcam are you getting any errors?
                  • Are you able to run the tests in Step 3 of the instructables guide?
                  • Once you are sure about all of the details above, try again with Step 4, are you still getting the error. In case you are, try using:    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib"
                  • If it keeps giving an error after that, check /usr/local/lib is the right path

Sergio

• 6. Re: Galileo gen 2 streaming problem
                    PranavP

I'm not using webcam compatible with uvc , so I'll buy one.

All the dependencies were installed correctly while installing the mjpg_streamer and fswebcam and also update and upgrade.

Step 3 of that instructables guide is running properly.

I have the doubt regarding the drivers for camera how to check they are installed correctly to the latest version and is compatible with OS?

I'll try the export command once again by checking path and then I'll tell you.

• 7. Re: Galileo gen 2 streaming problem
                      Intel_Alvarado

Hi,

To check whether or not the UVC driver is installed, type find /lib/modules/* -name uvc.

If the driver is installed you should see something like: /lib/modules/3.8.7-yocto-standard/kernel/drivers/media/usb/uvc.

Sergio

• 8. Re: Galileo gen 2 streaming problem
                        PranavP

Hi,

I solved the problem anyhow now streaming is going well. One last question that : I have a opencv code that detects the face while streaming is going on. Now I want to run that code or perform the operations on the streaming going on an IP address through which I'm watching the streaming on Firefox browser , so how to do that??

Or how to run that code on Galileo board?

• 9. Re: Galileo gen 2 streaming problem
                          Intel_Alvarado

I believe what you need is a Web Server application. In step 4 of the instructables guide you’ll see the line

In your browser type in <IP-Address>:8080/stream_simple.html

Using this you can stream your data through an IP address.

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Sergio

• 10. Re: Galileo gen 2 streaming problem
                            PranavP

Yes, I did that I can stream my data using that ,but that's not the problem , my problem is that I have a opencv java code to detect the face in video stream , so I want to use that code on the data streaming through that IP address, how to do that???

• 11. Re: Galileo gen 2 streaming problem
                              Intel_Alvarado

Hi

Do you mean trying something like this How do I access an IP Camera? - OpenCV Q&A Forum ? There are also several suggestions you might find helpful.

Sergio