We're missing some information of your system, could you please click the Windows icon, and then right-click Computer> Select Properties> Find System Type on the Properties window, and then note the processor model.
Here is a helpful link Graphics Drivers — How to Identify Your Intel® Graphics Controller.
Try with the following link Intel® Download Center, please make sure that you install the driver manually, here is helpful link about "How to Manually Install a Driver in Microsoft Windows 7" Graphics Drivers — How to Manually Install a Driver in Microsoft Windows 7*.
1. Login with administrator privileges
2. Open Control Panel
3. Open Device Manager
4. Click on "Display adapters"
5. Double click "Intel HD Graphics"
6. Click on the "Driver" tab
7. Click on "Update Driver" button
8. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software"
9. Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
10. Click on "Have Disk" button
11. Click "Browse"
12. Navigate to the folder that you unzipped the Intel HD Graphics driver to
13. Navigate to the Graphics sub-folder
14. Double click the igdlh64.inf or igdlh.inf file <-- depends on if you have 32 or 64 bit OS
15. Click "OK"
16. Click "Next", Driver should now be installing.
17. If successful, click "Close", Reboot.
Sorry to be such a nuisance right now but here are the several problems I been receiving by trying to do these stuffs.
- I downloaded sp56922.exe and worked however it didn't show on my Device Manager.
- I tried to download the latest graphics version on your website however I recieved this problem within the following link that I post. Pasteboard — Uploaded Image
- This is how my Device Manager look like. Pasteboard — Uploaded Image.
- I was unable to proceed to step 4 and 5 since I don't have a "Intel HD Graphics and Display Adapter". However I tried to proceed step 5 by going to the folder with the "Intel(R) Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller".
- Gotten an another error that you can see in this following link. Pasteboard — Uploaded Image
- Also when I update my graphic device, I receive this as well. Pasteboard — Uploaded Image
What should I do to fix this? System restore to get back the display adapters?
You said that you have the right driver installed before it is not working. It is probably the driver files are broken after the computer shutdown.
So you need to uninstall the driver and then install a new one.
Note that it is important to completely uninstall the driver before reinstallation in order to prevent driver files conflicts and errors.
You can do this manually from Device Manager or use automatic driver management software.
Read this article for more details: Graphics driver download and update.