Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Centrino Wireless N + WiMAX 6150 no wireless connectivity after Windows 10 download

VCame
Beginner

I lost internet connectivity when I downloaded Windows 10. The adapter can connect with the hotspot, but not the internet. "Limited connectivity." TThe Intel site says the Wireless-N + WiMAX 6150 won't work with Windows 10. The site also said that Windows 10 software and driver downloads are available. I am assuming that I will need to uninstall the 6150 and download a driver that is compatible with Windows 10......so, where can I find the compatible drivers, and which one do I choose? Do I need accompanying software?Intel, you really could do a better job making these things more accessible.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
st4
New Contributor III

Hi smilingcougar,

Thank you for the post. I will forward your inquiry to the Wireless support group.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello smilingcougar,

Windows*10 offers its own inbox drivers (v15.12.0.6) for the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N + WiMAX 6150. Intel does not offers drivers for this adapter on this OS version for the time being and we have no information if this will change in the future. The only drivers available are Windows*8.1 compliant (v16.11.0) found in this link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23726/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-8-1- Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows 8.1* you can use these drivers, but there is no guarantee it will work. We recommend that you contact Microsoft* to see if they have any updates available.

DCasc
Beginner

I am having the same problem. After upgrading and the problem reared it's ugly head have been trying to figure it out. Found this link on the Intel site -

Show that the Intel Centrino Wireless N 6150 is compatible with Windows 10 - http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-035684.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Which Intel Wireless Products Support Windows® 10?

Found a warning to "Uninstall the Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiMAX Software before you install Windows 10. The WiMAX software does not work with Windows 10" - http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-035710.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Which Intel Wi-Fi Software and Drivers Support Windows® 10?

So I have upgraded before Uninstalling the PROSet Software. What do I do now? It has been six weeks since the general release - figured would have a solution by now - NO JOY.

Dan

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

dcasciato,

For the time being the

Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N +WiMAX 6150 is supported on Windows*10 with the OS inbox drivers. Unfortunately we can not tell if this will change in the future.

0 Kudos
RGers
Beginner

aleki_intel.

I'm sorry but I don't think I understand your reply. How does one acquire the OS inbox drivers that will support the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N +WiMAX 6150 on windows 10? If you are saying that Windows 10 comes stock equipped with drivers that support this adapter, then what exactly would be causing the trouble for someone who has made the upgrade to Windows 10 and is completely up to date on their Windows Updates?

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

rexgershom,

Microsoft* is offering for a limited time now a free upgrade to Windows®10, therefore, all systems regardless of the brand running an authenticated copy of Windows*7 or Windows*8.1 were entitled to upgrade.

However, even though the upgrade became available, not all systems met the necessary requirements for the new OS. For some Intel® Wireless Adapters, which is the case for the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N +WiMAX 6150, the available drivers are the Windows®10 own inbox drivers. Please, let us know if you have any further questions or doubts,

Best regards,

Aleki

0 Kudos
DCasc
Beginner

SmilingCougar - I was having the same problem. Looks like I finally fixed it - found an updater on the Intel site

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect Intel® Driver Update Utility

Downloaded to a USB - Copied to the problem computer with internet cable not connected - right clicked and run as administrator. Had to restart and connect to internet, it then updated with success.

Hope after I reinstall this will work again. - Dan

0 Kudos