Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4865 Discussions

Intel i219-V network issue

FS2
Beginner

I have an issue with my onboard network card on an ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming mainboard. I get disconnects all the time and i had no problem at all before i got the mainboard with the Intel NIC. The error id "e1cexpress eventID: 27" is occuring in the Windows event log. It is 100% not a router or internet provider problem as everything works fine with other devices connected to the same network.

I tried many things posted in other threads here that looked like similar issues but the problem still exists.

The Intel i219-V is not even listed in the intel download center, so i only found up to date drivers on other computer manufacturer websites. I also tried to set the ethernet energy feature off, but it does not help. Maybe it delays the problem a little bit as it only occurs every 3 or 4 hours now.

But as i am also playing online-games, this is an absolutely no-go as it kicked me out of some games a few times already while i was playing.

I am using Windows 10 Pro. Currently i have installed the drivers that came with the mainboard (from the driver CD).

Maybe some other people with this mainboard also have this issue and found a solution. Please help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SYeo3
Valued Contributor I

Hi UberJaeger,

Thank you for contacting Intel.

For onboard network cards, we recommend using the driver provided by motherboard manufacturer. Please contact Asus* support so they further check the different components of the board.

Sincerely,

Sandra

0 Kudos
FS2
Beginner

As i said, i have those drivers installed and i also tried other drivers and always completely deinstalled the old ones before. But i read in other threads that there are similar issues regarding intel NICs and i think they are driver independent. Please help.

0 Kudos
SYeo3
Valued Contributor I

Hi UberJaeger,

Thanks for writing back.

Have you reported the issue to your motherboard manufacturer already? The reason we refer customers to contact the manufacturers to make sure that the drivers are tested to be compatible with your system.

Sincerely,

Sandy

0 Kudos