3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2015 8:32 AM by ivanu_intel

nuc5cpyh +20 seconds boot time ?!?

cazzie

Hello Community,

This is my setup: intel nuc nuc5cpyh + Kingston 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Sodimm + Kingston SSDNow V300 - 120GB + Windows 10 pro.

I updated the bios to the latest version 0031 and with F9 i turned on the default bios settings and bios boot times has increased to plus 20 seconds *argh*

I tried the fast boot settings but that did not helped much and the downside of that is no USB support in initial boot sequence *duh*

and as i do not want to brick my NUC i do not want to play TOO much with all settings in the bios menu, so my question ... can intel support help ?

* with regards          Casper Martens

• 1. Re: nuc5cpyh +20 seconds boot time ?!?
          ivanu_intel

Please try the following:

Make sure you have the hard drive in the priority boot in the BIOS as the primary hard drive.

Then, if you have any other devices connected to the unit, for example, a flash drive, that can delay the boot process.

Also, if you access the BIOS, in the devices tab, select SATA and then in the hard disk pre-delay option, you can set it up to 0 and that can make the system to boot faster.

• 2. Re: nuc5cpyh +20 seconds boot time ?!?
            cazzie

Hello Ivanu,

priority boot is checked - no oddities / all fine

sata enabled / ssd recognized / delay = 0

still i am watching the intel nuc logo for more then 20 seconds *puzzled*

* edit - there is a new bios update # Intel® Download Center version 0040

with version 0031 bios boot time = 30 sec     [ windows task manager ]

with version 0040 bios boot time = 10 sec ... that is an improvement !

* do i need legacy boot support on this machine ?

• 3. Re: nuc5cpyh +20 seconds boot time ?!?
              ivanu_intel

Legacy boot can help improve compatibility with older operating systems that weren’t designed with UEFI in mind. Is up to you if you want to have it enable or not. In my case I prefer to have it enabled.