1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 23, 2015 3:48 PM by henrya_intel

cannot connect wifi hidden network

eppilihp

Hi,

I'm using windows 10 x64 on NUC5i5RYH with driver 18.12.1.

nuc cannot connect to an hidden wireless network (connection is done when ssid is published)

The problem is for both 802.11n and ac.

note that this was working before but i cannot recall which driver update broke this feature.

thanks!

• 1. Re: cannot connect wifi hidden network
          henrya_intel

Hello eppilihp;

Thank you for the enquiry.  But let me ask you.  Have you added the Wireless connection.  If you have not please follow this steps

How To Connect To A Hidden Wireless Network In Windows 10

The first thing you’ll have to do is open the Network and Sharing Center. The fastest way to do that is to right click or tap and hold on the network icon from system tray and then select "Open Network and Sharing Center".

Inside Network and Sharing Center, click or tap "Set up a new connection or network".

Select "Manually connect to a wireless network" and click or tap Next.

Enter the security information for your network in the appropriate fields, as follows:

1. Enter the SSID in the Network name field.
          2. In the Security type field choose the type of security used by the hidden wireless network. Some routers may name this authentication method. Depending on the security type you choose, Windows may or may not ask you to also specify an encryption type.
          3. In the Security key field, enter the password used by the wireless network.
          4. If you don't want others to see the password you type, check the box that says "Hide characters".
          5. In order to connect to this network automatically, check the box that says "Start this connection automatically".
          6. You should also check the box that says "Connect even if the network is not broadcasting".

Once you have entered all the requested information, press Next.

Windows 10 will notify you that it has successfully added the wireless network. Press Close and you are done.

Regards;

Henry A.