3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2015 5:06 PM by CMata_Intel

How to make active a wifi card (attached with Intel Galileo) in arduino IDE??

Alahi

Hello everybody,

I have attached Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 with my Intel Galileo. I have also configured the wifi card by following this link (Configuring WiFi for the Intel Galileo Board | Intel® Developer Zone) . I know that my wifi card is working by connmanctl command like scanning wifi, connecting wifi and ping to google or any other website by using Linux command window. After finishing the configuration, i tried to use this galileo board in Arduino 1.6.5 and i wanted to use the example sketch of Arduino like scanNetworks. It seems like the scannetwork sketch is not working as it is saying there is zero(0) networks available, though i am sure that there are few wifi networks around my galileo board. I am following this book(Intel Galileo and Intel Galileo Gen 2: API features and arduino projects for linux programmers) and it said that i do not need to change the example sketch when the configuration is done by linux terminal. How can i talk my wifi card through Arduino sketch?

• 1. Re: How to make active a wifi card (attached with Intel Galileo) in arduino IDE??
          CMata_Intel

Hi Alahi,

What kind of network are you using?

Are you sure that the network is not blocking the connection from the board?

I know you are able to ping a website but can you download packages using the wget command?

What is the outcome of running the command uname -a in the Terminal Console?

Regards,

Charlie

• 2. Re: How to make active a wifi card (attached with Intel Galileo) in arduino IDE??
            Alahi

Hi Charlie,

Thanx for your reply. Right now i am using open network to check whether everything is okay or not. But as i said, still it is not working. I am pretty sure that the network is not blocking the connection cause the same network can ping google properly through the terminal window. I can download the package by using wget command.u can see it as follows-

root@galileo:~# wget google.com

Connecting to google.com (202.124.127.158:80)

Connecting to www.google.co.nz (202.124.127.173:80)

index.html           13673   - stalled

after running uname -a command, the terminal window looks like this-

root@galileo:~# uname -a

Linux galileo 3.8.7-yocto-standard #1 Tue Jun 9 22:07:14 GMT 2015 i586 GNU/Linux

I think the arduino library somehow does not understand the configuration of the wifi card. Really do not understand how to solve it. Please, if you have any suggestion, share it .

Regards,

Alahi

• 3. Re: How to make active a wifi card (attached with Intel Galileo) in arduino IDE??
              CMata_Intel

Hi Alahi,

You should be receiving the following warning when you upload the sketch:

WARNING: library WiFi claims to run on [i586-uclibc] architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on [i586] architecture(s).

The Image you are using according to the outcome of running uname -a is the EGLIBC, you should try with the UCLIBC image, you can found it here: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/24355/eng/SDCard.1.0.4.tar.bz2

Also, when you run wget google.com, you should have got something like:

Capture.JPG

Could you post the /var/lib/connman/wifi.config file?

Regards,

Charlie