7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2016 9:04 AM by seank1968

intel 750 ssd speed problem

ComServe

hi im running windows ten on both these sdd drives. Intel SSD 750 Sieries 1,2TB, Intel SSD 750 Sieries 400GB.with  windows audio enabled in administative tools services the speeds for both are greatly reduced in speed.With the sound disabled both run at normal speeds.

could some body please give me some advice or help with this conflict thankyou

see link below please can you help thankyou

Intel SSD 750 Sieries - YouTube

• 1. Re: intel 750 ssd speed problem
          jonathan_intel

Hello ComServe,

Please try the following actions, and let us know if this helps:

- Install the Intel® Windows* NVMe driver, current version is 1.2.0.1002.

- Check with the Computer Manufacturer Support and make sure you are using the most current drivers for your Sound controller.

- Make sure you have installed current Windows* updates.

If the issue persists, please let us know the following information:

- Computer brand and model

- Motherboard model and BIOS version.

- SSD model and form factor.

- SSD driver version shown in device manager.

- How are you connecting the SSD to the motherboard? (U.2 cable, Hyperkit, Add in card in PCIe slot, other 3rd party adapter, etc).

- Sound card model and driver version.

- How did you find that Windows* Audio was causing the slow performance?

• 2. Re: intel 750 ssd speed problem
            ComServe

PC SPECS

╠► Intel(R) Core i7-4960X Processor Extreme Edition

╠► EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN X Superclocked

╠► Rampage IV Black Edition 2011 Socket

╠► Asus ROG Front Base Gaming Panel

╠► Kingston HyperX Beast KHX21C11T3FK8/64 GB

╠► Corsair Hydro Series H110i GT - 280mm

╠► Intel 750 SSD Half Height PCIe 3.0 x4 400GB OPERATING SYSTEM DRIVE

╠► Intel 750 SSD Half Height PCIe 3.0 x4 1,2TB

╠► Asus ROG Swift PG278Q 27-inch G-Sync

╠► Cooler Master 1200W Silent Pro

SD driver version shown in device manager is 1.2.0.1002

im connecting  the ssds  to the motherboard by the pcie videocard slot as shown below

PCIe 3.0x16_1 Slot = EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN X Superclocked

PCIe 3.0x8_2 Slot  = Intel 750 SSD Half Height PCIe 3.0 x4 400GB C: Drive

PCIe 3.0x8_3 Slot  = Intel 750 SSD Half Height PCIe 3.0 x4 1,2TB D: Drive

PCIe 3.0x8_4 Slot  = empty

i have tried three different sound cards to try to solve my problem shown below

1 = test Asus Xonar Xonar Phoebus Solo No driver win 10

2 = test SOUND BLASTER AUDIGY RX  6.0.301.44

3 =On board RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION  Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.7525

On board  RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION  Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.7525 / R2.79

all three sound cards ive used and disabled  and the problem still persists

i also tried A50 WIRELESS HEADSET USB TX (DOLBY® TRANSMITTER) Diable sound bios

with still the same problem

my bios for my mother board is RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION

Bios Version  0701 Updated to Beta version  0801

i am  a system engineer based in holland

on booting my system i found it was booting up slowly

so i ran a set of system diagnostic checks to see if i could narrow down the problem and narrowed it down to being the windows audio causing the problem

Raymond van der Poel

Director ComServe

www.comserve.nl

• 3. Re: intel 750 ssd speed problem
              jonathan_intel

Hello ComServe,

We did some research about this issue and would like to provide the following information:

- The Intel® SSD 750 was not certified to be used as Boot device for Motherboards using the X79 chipset. You might want to check the following document to make sure your system is properly configured:

Intel® High Performance Solid-State Drives — Booting an NVMe* PCI Express* Solid State Drive

- After doing some research, we found different reasons for this behavior and in most cases it was not caused by the drive itself. Please run the Diagnostics from Intel® SSD Toolbox and check if it completes successfully.

- If the issue persists, the issue is probably caused by other components in your system. Please disable the Antivirus in your PC and check if it helps.

- Disable Fast Boot in the BIOS, and also Fast Startup (Hybrid Boot) in Windows. In external forums some users reported this may help in this type of cases.

- If the issue persists, try to uninstall and delete the Audio adapter driver (from Device Manager).

As you can see, some of the actions are not related to the SSD, so if the issue remains after these actions, we would advise you to check with Microsoft support, or the Audio card manufacturer for further assistance.

• 4. Re: intel 750 ssd speed problem
                FredericCharette
                The Intel® SSD 750 was not certified to be used as Boot device for Motherboards using the X79 chipset.

Care to elaborate?
                Does this mean I should avoid getting the 750 as my main drive ? (I have a Rampage IV Extreme)

• 5. Re: intel 750 ssd speed problem
                  jonathan_intel

Hello ComServe,

The Intel® SSD 750 was released in Q2, 2015. It was tested with systems based on an Intel® Z97 Chipset or an Intel® X99 Chipset, using one of the tested motherboards is suggested.

You might make it work in previous generation systems by changing the BIOS settings and OS configuration, as noted in the document and recommendations I provided in my previous post. However, this may not work if the motherboard is not meant to use this type of hard drive.

In this case, we strongly advise you to contact the Computer Manufacturer Support, so they can let you if your motherboard is able to use NVMe drives.

Here are some documents with additional information about this topic:

Intel® SSD 750 Series — Before You Buy

Intel® SSD 750 Series — Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

• 6. Re: intel 750 ssd speed problem
                    Deathonabun

I have a slightly different setup - only running a single 1.2TB 750 series SSD as my boot drive in my Asus Sabertooth X79 based system.
                    However, the reason I am posting here is because I was having much the same issue with the PCIe SSD performance taking a huge hit when playing audio, or in some cases, merely running programs running which utilize the audio hardware. (voip, live-streaming software, etc.)
                    I initially suspected my USB headset (Astro A40) causing the problem, but disabling the device had no effect.
                    Then I started thinking about the possibility that some of my USB ports could be sharing lanes/bandwidth (or other resources) with the drive. I began moving my various USB peripherals around, trying certain ports and leaving others empty. I eventually found that when I left my USB 2.0 ports 1,2,3,4 empty, and moved all my peripherals to other ports, the performance of the intel SSD improved drastically.
                    Before, when experiencing the audio bug, I was getting around 700MB/s writes and 500MB/s reads.
                    Now, I'm getting 1000MB/s writes and 2000MB/s reads, even with 10 apps open, watching internet video on one monitor, and playing a game on another.

I don't know if the Rampage IV suffers from the same issue, but this thread was the closest I thing I could find to the problem I experienced, so hopefully this will help someone.

• 7. Re: intel 750 ssd speed problem
                      seank1968

Hey Deathonabun - I have Rampage IV extreme X79 and 1.2TB 750 series and USB ports are full - have the realtek built in sound card and creative PCIe soundcard and USB turtle beach headset and didn't get audio bug performance issues you mention