1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Feb 29, 2016 4:44 AM by ades

Unable to Update libmraa0 on Gen2

Galilayo

When I connect with Eclipse - I am offered to update libmrra0.

I click do it.

I get errors followed by "Libraries Successfully Updated!

But it isn't really updated.

If I try to manually update I get errors too.

See below - thank you Gurus.

root@galileo:~# echo "src mraa-upm http://iotdk.intel.com/repos/1.1/intelgalactic" > /etc/opkg/mraa-upm.conf

root@galileo:~# opkg update

Downloading http://iotdk.intel.com/repos/1.5/iotdk/all/Packages.

Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/iotdk-all.

Downloading http://iotdk.intel.com/repos/1.5/iotdk/i586/Packages.

Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/iotdk-i586.

Downloading http://iotdk.intel.com/repos/1.5/iotdk/quark/Packages.

Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/iotdk-quark.

Downloading http://iotdk.intel.com/repos/1.5/iotdk/x86/Packages.

Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/iotdk-x86.

Downloading http://iotdk.intel.com/repos/1.1/intelgalactic/Packages.

Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/mraa-upm.

root@galileo:~#

root@galileo:~# opkg install libmraa0

Installing libmraa0 (0.7.3) on root.

Collected errors:

* opkg_download_pkg: Package libmraa0 is not available from any configured src.

* opkg_install_pkg: Failed to download libmraa0. Perhaps you need to run 'opkg update'?

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package libmraa0.

root@galileo:~# opkg install libmraa0

Collected errors:

* opkg_install_pkg: Failed to download libmraa0. Perhaps you need to run 'opkg update'?

root@galileo:~# opkg upgrade

Multiple replacers for libmraa-dev, using first one (libmraa0).

Multiple replacers for libmraa-doc, using first one (libmraa0).

Multiple replacers for upm-dev, using first one (upm).

Multiple replacers for upm-dev, using first one (upm).

Upgrading upm from 0.3.1-r0 to 0.3.2 on root.

Collected errors:

* opkg_download_pkg: Package upm is not available from any configured src.

* opkg_install_pkg: Failed to download upm. Perhaps you need to run 'opkg update'?

* opkg_download_pkg: Package upm is not available from any configured src.

* opkg_install_pkg: Failed to download upm. Perhaps you need to run 'opkg update'?

• 1. Re: Unable to Update libmraa0 on Gen2
          Intel_Peter

Hello Galilayo,

Which image are you using? Are you using the uclibc image or the eglibc image? If you are using the uclibc image, then that's the reason why you can't install the MRAA library since it is exclusive to the eglibc image. If you are using the uclibc image then I suggest you to change to eglibc, you will find the image along side instructions on how to prepare you SD Card in IoT - Intel® Galileo Board Download | Intel® Developer Zone.

If you don't want to change your image for some reason or if you are already on eglibc and the library just won't install then I suggest you to take a look at mraa: Building libmraa. That document has the instructions on how to build the library from source, you may find it helpful.

Peter.

• 2. Re: Unable to Update libmraa0 on Gen2
            Galilayo

The latest image I downloaded just this morning was only 48Mbytes in size so it looks like it was the uClibc image.

Sure sounds like you are correct.

I'll redo my SD card with the other image using the link you provided.

Thx.

• 3. Re: Unable to Update libmraa0 on Gen2
              Galilayo

I'm getting the exact same thing.

I have re-flashed my SD card with the eglibc image.

Upgraded the onboard flash from 1.0.2 to 1.0.4

opkg update then upgrade.

I've manually forced removal of libmraa and upm. Then re-installed both.

Still getting messages from eclipse to install libmrra0 0.7.3 and latest upm.

Eclipse appears to update the libraries, says successfully synchronized.

But no update occurs.

Am I doing things in the wrong order or something?

• 4. Re: Unable to Update libmraa0 on Gen2
                Intel_Peter

According to your description, it looks like Eclipse may be the one with issues. I suggest you to remove it and make a clean install of it on your PC, that may help. Also, could you share a screenshot of the error message you're getting?

Peter.

• 5. Re: Unable to Update libmraa0 on Gen2
                  Galilayo

Should I uninstall the whole IotDev kit first? I'm using the eclipse that was a part of that.

Or should I just uninstall just Eclipse and do the stand alone install of eclipse?

Thx.

• 6. Re: Unable to Update libmraa0 on Gen2
                    Intel_Peter

I would rather try with a complete re-install, so I would try with the whole IotDev kit.

Peter.

• 7. Re: Unable to Update libmraa0 on Gen2
                      Galilayo

Ok, uninstalled the devkit - Installed fresh devkit and eclipse and all drivers.

Fresh SD card with proper image.

opkg seems to show 2 packages that are downloaded but not installed.

Do I read it right? Output of opkg info pasted below.

Also - output of Eclipse terminal window libmraa0/upm library synchronization process

showing errors.

I'm truly mystified!

after opkg update/upgrade

=========================================

root@galileo:~# opkg info libmraa0

Package: libmraa0

Version: 0.7.2-r0.0

Depends: libgcc1 (>= 4.9.1), python-core, libpython2.7-1.0 (>= 2.7.3), libstdc++6 (>= 4.9.1), libc6 (>= 2.20)

Provides: mraa

Section: libs

Architecture: i586

Maintainer: Yocto Devkit <yocto-devkit@linux.intel.com>

MD5Sum: 644cad13dfe4dca86f79f537c57fe4ea

Size: 458022

Filename: libmraa0_0.7.2-r0.0_i586.ipk

Source: git://github.com/intel-iot-devkit/mraa.git;protocol=git;rev=299bf5ab27191e60ea0280627da2161525fc8990

Description: Low Level Skeleton Library for Communication on Intel platforms  Low

Level Skeleton Library for Communication on Intel platforms.

Package: libmraa0

Version: 0.7.3

Provides: libmraa-dev, libmraa-dbg, libmraa-doc

Replaces: libmraa-dev, libmraa-dbg, libmraa-doc

Conflicts: libmraa-dev, libmraa-dbg, libmraa-doc

Maintainer: Intel IoT-Devkit

MD5Sum: 0a8a748d6d31f1c9e7968cca068f24df

Size: 285260

Filename: libmraa0_0.7.3_i586.ipk

Source: https://github.com/intel-iot-devkit/mraa

Description: mraa built using CMake

================================================

root@galileo:~# opkg info upm

Package: upm

Version: 0.3.1-r0

Depends: libgcc1 (>= 4.9.1), libpython2.7-1.0 (>= 2.7.3), libc6 (>= 2.20), python-core, libstdc++6 (>= 4.9.1), mraa (>= 0.7.2)

Maintainer: Intel IoT Devkit team <meta-intel@yoctoproject.org>

MD5Sum: 9c38c6a23db13fbeb8c687336d473200

Size: 10344826

Filename: upm_0.3.1-r0_i586.ipk

Source: git://github.com/intel-iot-devkit/upm.git;protocol=git;rev=3d453811fb7760e14da1a3461e05bfba1893c2bd file://0001-adafruitms1438-CMakeLists.txt-stop-RPATH-being-added.patch

Description: Sensor/Actuator repository for Mraa  Sensor/Actuator repository for Mraa.

Package: upm

Version: 0.3.2

Depends: libmraa0 (>= 0.6.2)

Provides: upm-dev, upm-dbg, upm-doc

Replaces: upm-dev, upm-dbg, upm-doc

Conflicts: upm-dev, upm-dbg, upm-doc

Maintainer: Intel IoT-Devkit

MD5Sum: 7cdf6f1fbe1f19131c5b6715cdb62c5f

Size: 6700570

Filename: upm_0.3.2_i586.ipk

Source: https://github.com/intel-iot-devkit/upm

Description: upm built using CMake

================

================

cat /etc/opkg/iotkit.conf 2> /dev/null; exit;

cat /etc/opkg/mraa-upm.conf 2> /dev/null; exit;

src mraa-upm http://iotdk.intel.com/repos/1.5/intelgalactic

root@galileo:~# cat /etc/opkg/intel-iotdk.conf 2> /dev/null; exit;

root@galileo:~# cat /etc/opkg/iotkit.conf 2> /dev/null; exit;

root@galileo:~# cat /etc/opkg/mraa-upm.conf 2> /dev/null; exit;

src mraa-upm http://iotdk.intel.com/repos/1.5/intelgalactic

opkg info '*mraa*' | sed -r '/Version: ([0-9\.]+)/!d; s/Version:  //; s/-.*//; q;'; exit;

root@galileo:~# opkg info '*upm*' | sed -r '/Version: ([0-9\.]+)/!d; s/Version:  //; s/-.*//; q;'; exit;

root@galileo:~# opkg install /tmp/mraaPackage.ipk; exit;

Collected errors:

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mraa.py

But that file is already provided by package  * mraa

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/_mraa.so

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/lib/libmraa.so.0

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/lib/pkgconfig/mraa.pc

But that file is already provided by package  * mraa-dev

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/lib/libmraa.so

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/lib/node_modules/mraa/package.json

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/lib/node_modules/mraa/mraa.node

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/include/mraa/types.h

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/include/mraa/aio.hpp

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/include/mraa/spi.hpp

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/include/mraa/gpio.h

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/include/mraa/gpio.hpp

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/include/mraa/aio.h

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/include/mraa/uart.hpp

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/include/mraa/common.hpp

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/include/mraa/i2c.h

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/include/mraa/pwm.h

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/include/mraa/spi.h

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/include/mraa/i2c.hpp

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/include/mraa/common.h

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/include/mraa/uart.h

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/include/mraa/pwm.hpp

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/include/mraa.h

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/include/mraa.hpp

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/hellomraa.c

But that file is already provided by package  * mraa-doc

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/analogin_a0.c

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/blink-io.c

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/mmap-io2.c

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/uart_setup.c

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/python/blink-io8.py

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/python/rgblcd.py

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/python/hello_isr.py

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/python/cycle-pwm3.py

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/python/spi.py

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/python/uart.py

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/python/aio.py

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/python/bmp85.py

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/python/hello_gpio.py

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/javascript/spi.js

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/javascript/bmp85.js

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/javascript/rgblcd.js

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/javascript/GPIO_DigitalWrite.js

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/javascript/isr.js

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/javascript/Blink-IO.js

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/javascript/GPIO_DigitalRead.js

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/javascript/AioA0.js

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/javascript/uart.js

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/mraa-gpio.c

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/java/Isr.java

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/java/Bmp85.java

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/java/BlinkOnboard.java

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/java/GpioRead6.java

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/java/CyclePwm3.java

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/java/Example.java

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/cycle-pwm3.c

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/gpio_read6.c

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/i2c_HMC5883L.c

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/c++/Pwm3-cycle.cpp

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/c++/Uart-example.cpp

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/c++/I2c-compass.cpp

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/c++/Spi-pot.cpp

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/c++/AioA0.cpp

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/c++/CMakeLists.txt

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/c++/Blink-IO.cpp

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/CMakeLists.txt

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/blink_onboard.c

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/spi_max7219.c

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/helloedison.c

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/isr_pin6.c

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libmraa0 wants to install file /usr/share/mraa/examples/spi_mcp4261.c

opkg install /tmp/upmPackage.ipk; exit;

Collected errors:

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package upm.

• 8. Re: Unable to Update libmraa0 on Gen2
                        CHerbst

Galilayo

I had some troubles too updating the latest mraa too recently.  I ran the commands and it always seemed to work, but it never did.  Since I see you are using the IoTDev Kit, I had found out how to update my mraa with it.  Below is a screen shot, but I had gone to the options button next to the debug button and selected "Update Libraries on board".  After that I had the latest.

Screenshot.PNG

Hope this helps.

CHerbst

• 9. Re: Unable to Update libmraa0 on Gen2
                          Galilayo

Thx. My results were different. When I click on "Update Libraries on board" the popup window just goes away

and it doesn't seem to do anything.

• 10. Re: Unable to Update libmraa0 on Gen2
                            Galilayo

Is there anything I can do - the errors are exactly as in my original post.

Fresh eglibc image, opkg update then upgrade.

Fresh SD card then immediately hit it with eclipse - I see the errors listed in OP.

-or-

Fresh SD card then opkgupdate/upgrade ... reboot ... hit it with eclipse and same symptoms.

Eclipse talks to my edison/arduino board just fine but not the Gal Gen2.

• 11. Re: Unable to Update libmraa0 on Gen2
                              CHerbst

Honestly I really don't know what can be done, but have one last long shot idea.  Have you connected your Gal Gen 2 to the internet? Did see in your output Failed to download.  I don't know how important it is to be attempting to update the mraa libraries while the board is connected to internet, but it may be pretty darn important.  Otherwise I am lost on ideas besides trying a different board and see if the problem is the same.

• 12. Re: Unable to Update libmraa0 on Gen2
                                Galilayo

Yes, the Galileo has been able to download updated package lists and upgrade packages using opkg.

It can also ping anywhere I need it to. Internet connection is fine.

The steps to reproduce the problem are so simple.

Fresh SD card using eglibc.

Point eclipse at the galileo board I am offered to update those

libraries to the latest versions. I click do it. But no update seems to occur.

opkg update followed by opkg upgrade.

Tons of updates are downloaded.

And then...upgrade of libmrra0 & upm fail to happen.

Errors are posted in the original post at the top of the page.

Gonna try the latest image located here:

iotdk.intel.com/iot-devkit-latest-mmcblkp0.direct.bz2

... same results.

• 13. Re: Unable to Update libmraa0 on Gen2
                                  SolitaryWolf

My case is a little same to your case..i have faced with this problem 4days.
                                  Do you resolve this?

• 14. Re: Unable to Update libmraa0 on Gen2
                                    xbolshe

Hi,

have you tried to use opkg install mraa instead of opkg install libmraa0 ?

echo "src mraa-upm http://iotdk.intel.com/repos/2.0/intelgalactic" > /etc/opkg/mraa-upm.conf

opkg update

opkg install mraa

BR,

xbolshe

1 2 Previous Next