Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

application "any app or game " has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

MBara6
New Contributor I

Well hi..

i'm facing a problem in my graphic card like always on windows 10 pro..

yes i updated my graphic driver to the latest one.. as u can see in picture..

my problem is that every time i open an app or a game its start showing black screen then it returns to desktop and a notification come with error says: (application "app name" has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware) ..

or sometimes "display driver has stopped working and has been recovered " ..

pleasse help i get enough from these problems..

my laptop specification are :

HP probook 450 G1

intel i5-4200M 4th Gen cpu 2.40 Ghz

ram 4 gigs

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MBara6
New Contributor I

anyone please?

0 Kudos
Johnny_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi, Mohbrkat:

Could you please share which game or apps will encounter this issue? Maybe you could check with Microsoft if these games/apps are compatible with Windows 10 or not.

I would suggested you to uninstall/re-install graphics driver first, if it can not solve the problem, you could reset Windows 10--all your personal files & applications will be removed, so please backup your data first, and see if the issue is solved.

The last option is to check with HP, if your laptop (including all hardware & software) is compatible with Windows 10

0 Kudos
MBara6
New Contributor I

Hi Yanqiang..

i face this issue in every game and app like ( cs go , leauge of legends left 4 dead 2 etc .. ) >. yes they are comaptible with windows 10 .. and i did un\re install my graphics driver and didn't solve the problem ..yes i did a full reset and really didn't work too ..

yes my laptop is compatible with windows 10..

thank you for answering though..

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I understand Intel engineering team is currently working on new graphics drivers for Windows 10. I still do not have an estimate but they will be posted at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ Intel® Download Center

Please review information on post # 93:

Allan.

0 Kudos
MBara6
New Contributor I

ok i will wait and see if the new graphics driver will fix the problem ..

thank you for replying.

0 Kudos
jeffi
Beginner

This is not a problem with your laptop. This is a Windows 10 problem. I have an Asus and an HP and they both have this issue. The Asus was purchased with Windows 8.1 and the problem never came up until I upgraded to Windows 10. The HP was purchased with the exact same problem already built-in. Searching for this error on the Internet reveals millions of other people are asking the same question an posting a huge variety of hardware and software configurations. As with most things ever touched by a Microsoft employee, Windows 10 is simply worse than any virus or trojan, sucking hundreds of hours out of people's lives, destroying digital assets, leaving depression and hopelessness in its wake.

There is only one registry hack that seemed to make a difference for me, although not fixing the issue completely - increasing a timeout - allowing the application to wait longer before the OS blocks it or something. I can't find the link right now.

0 Kudos