4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2015 5:18 PM by wb_Intel

Intel i354 2.5 GbE dual adapter and SuperMicro Blade Chasis Network Cable Unplugged

Morridin

The problem:

"Network cable disconnected" error after installing PROSet software suite on a SuperMicro blade nodes with B1SA4-2750F mainboard and Intel i354 2.5 Gbe Backplane Network adapters (x2).

I need teaming and VLANs features from PROSet suite, that`s why i`m using that software. If only the drivers are installed, both NICs works fine, but in Windows 8.1 there are no teaming feature - tested also with PowerShell.

Tested also with Windows 10, Windows Server 2012/2012 r2 - same issue - if only drivers are added (doesn`t matter if they are installed from software suite or from Device Manager), both NICs works fine, no matter how many times I`ve restart the machine. Windows 10 have teaming from PowerShell, but can`t define VLANs...

If PROSet suite is installed, both NICs change their status at "Network Cable Unplugged". The only resolution for this issue i`ve found so far (not always) is Right Button on adapter=> Properties=> Configure - after that, the adapter changes his status normal, but if machine is restarted, networks are disconnected again...

I`ve installed a lot of different versions of Intel PROSet software, tested with Unplug/Plug blade nodes, also with changing blade nodes position - no result.

Any resolution?