3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2015 3:54 PM by Intel_Peter

PCIe

Bharath_Bhushan_H

Hello ,

As Galileo Gen 2 Development Board has only  one PCIe

I think this is root complex

So if I want to have multiple end points ; how can I connect and configure

• 1. Re: PCIe
          Intel_Peter

Hello Bharath_Bhushan_H,

I'm not sure what you mean. What exactly do you mean by "...I want to have multiple end points ; how can I connect and configure…"?

Peter.

• 2. Re: PCIe
            Bharath_Bhushan_H

Hello Peter,

I am actually a VLSI background person, I was involved in development and validating the PCIe Gen 2 and USB 3.0 for a customer and I am involved in validating of USB 3.1.   

So I used the words “root complex” “end points” 

Have a passion to work on IoT

Actually I mean “end point” for multiple PCIe slots,

for example if we consider a master-salve architecture (even though PCIe is not) root complex will be a master which is connected to processor core and end points are slave which is use to connect peripherals .

So my requirement is to have multiple PCIe slots so that I can connect WiFi, modem  and I have some custom protocols with PCIe as interface.

Hope I am more clear now.

Thanks and regards

Bharath Bhushan H  

• 3. Re: PCIe
              Intel_Peter

The PCIe port of the Galileo was originally intended to be used with one card, so that could prove difficult. Nevertheless, you might be able to find a Mini PCI-e multiplier Hub that has a driver available for Linux; if you are able to include it in the Yocto image, then maybe you might be able to make it work. However, this is just a suggestion, as we have not tested or validated any multiplier hub card, you would have to try it yourself.

Peter.