Thank you for contacting Intel.
You are getting the error message because our latest driver pack doesn't support the Intel® PRO/1000 MT Server Adapter. This adapter model uses the driver available in MS Windows* 7 (In-box driver). Please refer to website below for more information on adapters with Windows 7 driver support:
Hope this helps.
The link provided above proposes the following solution (copy and pasted from Intel's web page):
Intel® Ethernet Adapters can have full support, in-box only support, or both, for Microsoft Windows 7*.
1 In-box only
- In-box means the drivers are supplied with Microsoft Windows.
- Driver and software updates are not available for adapters that are in-box only.
- Intel® PROSet for Windows Device Manager and Advanced Network Services (ANS) driver for teaming and VLANS are not included with in-box support.
- You might be able to add an adapter with in-box support to a team using multi-vendor teaming (MVT). See the user guide for MVT considerations.
2 Full support
- These adapters have updated drivers, Intel PROSet for Windows Device Manager, and Advanced Network Services (teaming and VLAN) software available in Download Center.
- To detect and update drivers for Wired Networking, use Intel® Driver Update Utility.
- Manually download the latest Intel® Ethernet Software and Drivers.
The Download Center is a generic area wherein I must search for the driver for the product. (going in circles)
The Intel Driver Update Utility yielded the message,
The Manual Download takes me to a page where I can get PROWIN32 (not helpful).
Is there a simple, direct instruction on getting "Full Support" for these Ethernet Adapters?