Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20600 Discussions

Brightness Adjustment Windows 10

kchin3
Beginner

After I updated to Windows 10. I am facing Auto Adjust my screen Brightness when I opening Software such as Downloading Software, Movie Software & Games.

I had tried the few steps as below, but also facing same issue.

1) Switch OFF the 'Enable adaptive brightness'

2) Update all latest Windows 10 Updates.

3) Disable 'Sensor Monitoring Service'.

4) Update latest Intel Graphic and Media Control Panel.

5) Switch the Power Option to 'Maximum Performance' in Intel Graphic and Media Control Panel.

6) Update latest AMD Catalyst Control Panel.

7) Switched to 'Maximum Performance' in Power Play function of AMD Software.

My laptop details:

Model: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC

Windows: Windows 10 Home

Processor: Intel i7-2630QM CPU @2.00HGZ

Graphic: Intel HD Graphics 3000 & AMD Radeon HD 6700M Series

Intel Graphic and Media Control Panel Software Version: 9.17.10.4229

AMD Catalyst Control Panel Software Version: 15.20.1062.1004-150803a1-187674C.

ANYONE HAVE SOLUTION TO SOLVE IT?

Before Update to Windows 10, I am using Windows 7, I never facing this issue.

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Darwin_B_Intel
Employee

Hello,

It looks like this HP Pavilion DV6 Notebook PC contains a feature called "switchable graphics" but I am not able to confirm that within the Hewlett-Packard documentation.

It is important to confirm first which graphics controller is being used, the Intel® HD Graphics of your Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM Processor or the AMD Radeon HD 6700M Series.

Some computer models give you the ability to switch before turning the system on between one controller and the other. Some other computer models include proprietary software that allows you using both graphics controllers at the same time.

In any case, it seems like you already performed good troubleshooting and this could be a compatibility issue with Windows 10.

Did you confirm with Hewlett-Packard that this computer is fully compatible with Windows 10 before upgrading?

I would suggest getting in contact with Hewlett-Packard in case they are aware about this behavior when updating these computers to Windows 10

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Darwin_B_Intel
Employee

Hello,

It looks like this HP Pavilion DV6 Notebook PC contains a feature called "switchable graphics" but I am not able to confirm that within the Hewlett-Packard documentation.

It is important to confirm first which graphics controller is being used, the Intel® HD Graphics of your Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM Processor or the AMD Radeon HD 6700M Series.

Some computer models give you the ability to switch before turning the system on between one controller and the other. Some other computer models include proprietary software that allows you using both graphics controllers at the same time.

In any case, it seems like you already performed good troubleshooting and this could be a compatibility issue with Windows 10.

Did you confirm with Hewlett-Packard that this computer is fully compatible with Windows 10 before upgrading?

I would suggest getting in contact with Hewlett-Packard in case they are aware about this behavior when updating these computers to Windows 10

0 Kudos