Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

If I want to modify Intel's Windows 7 Driver to install on Windows 10, what should I do?

XQi2
Beginner

I am using a Thinkpad X200 tablet computer which has a Mobile Intel (R) 4 Series Express Chipset (GM45). Since Intel only provide the graphics driver up to Windows 7, I cannot use the driver on Windows 10. If I try to install the driver on my Windows 10 machine in the compatible mode, it always remind me that "the minimum requirement is not satisfied" or something similar. I don't know if Intel will release the Windows 10 version in the near future for this chipset since they did not even release the Windows 8 version so far. My question is: can I modify the driver by myself so that it can be installed in Windows 10? If so, what should I do?

Thanks,

Qi

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

The Intel(R) Mobile 4 series does not have driver support for Windows 10.

This information is available here: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034343.htm Graphics Drivers — Supported Operating Systems

If you still need assistance with the driver, I recommend waiting for any community member that may help on this matter.

Allan.

0 Kudos
XQi2
Beginner

Sorry, Allan, I am not asking if the Intel graphics chipset is supported in Windows 10 but how to modify current drivers to make it work on Windows 10. I understand that, as a for-profit company, Intel would like to stop updating drivers for old hardwares. I really appreciate if anyone can provide an unofficial way to modify previous drivers to make the graphics card work on the Windows 10 system -- even the driver may not be optimized. One method I found online is this one: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3f08t6/no_windows_10_drivers_heres_how_to_get_them/ No Windows 10 Drivers? Here's how to get them working in Windows 10. : Windows10

However, seems it does not work for the Mobile Intel 4 series graphics card after a few trials. Any idea?

0 Kudos