Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

NUC D34010WYK can't get FULL RGB out to HDTV

JKara2
Beginner

I have a Intel Nuc D34010WYK that I use as a HTPC with latest drivers, Windows 8.1, HDMI out to brand new LED tv. Can't get FULL RGB no matter what I try. I have the latest drivers as of today (8/25/15)

I can see in the Intel Control Panel where to set the graphics from Default, Limited, or Full. All three options do nothing. I am getting Limited quality RGB on the desktop/overlay no matter what.

My previous TV had a VGA input that I used with a HDMI->VGA adapter from my laptop and that worked beautifully. The TV recently died and I replaced it with a new Insignia LED... it does not have a VGA port as pretty much no TV's are coming with them (at least at Best Buy). Is there a workaround? There is a decent amount of banding on the screen and the color is off. I tried plugging into another HDTV via the HDMI cable and got the same issues.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Darwin_B_Intel
Employee

Hello,

It is important to find out how the new TV is being detected by the graphics controller. We expect that the graphics controller reads the EDIE of the new TV to load the correct specifications of it automatically. When the GPU doesn't get this information correctly most likely it is required to install a driver for the TV if the manufacturer provides one.

As per recommendations:

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Darwin_B_Intel
Employee

Hello,

It is important to find out how the new TV is being detected by the graphics controller. We expect that the graphics controller reads the EDIE of the new TV to load the correct specifications of it automatically. When the GPU doesn't get this information correctly most likely it is required to install a driver for the TV if the manufacturer provides one.

As per recommendations: