Looks like there is a workaround in the developers forum. Please check this thread: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/564292
Quoting the best reply:
installer for DCM 1.4 definitely has a bug, but for anyone else running into this problem, I found a workaround to get it installed.
- Run intel_rs_dcm_f200_184.108.40.206425.exe
- The installer will extract it's contents to your temporary files folder. The path for mine was:
The last part of the path is random, so just find it by sorting by the Last Modified column.
- Inside that directory, navigate to /Plugins/FWUpdateF200.
- Open an administrative command prompt window and run the following:
This will update your camera's firmware.
- Now enter the following command to go to the installations directory:
- For every .msi file in that directory that starts with "intel_rs_sdk_runtime", run the following command:
Complicated, but it worked for me. Good luck!
Try it and let us know.