7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2015 12:22 PM by TheBossDriver

Graphic Driver Help

TheBossDriver

Is there any new windows 10 video/graphic driver update ? i just updated from windows 8.1. I sometimes get green lines when watching vids

I am using Windows 10 64 bit Intel Iris 5100.

• 1. Re: Graphic Driver Help
          TheBossDriver

I even contacted Microsft remote technical assistance hp they Microsoft do not know what is causing this AND HP GIVEN UP!

Come on Intel tell you driver makers or whatever to hurry and fix this issue it is annoying many people not just me

• 2. Re: Graphic Driver Help
            darwinb_intel

Hello TheBossDriver,

We don’t have control on what the other manufacturers do with our products and what they offer as per support.

The only recommendation I can give you is to keep monitoring Hewlett-Packard and Intel web sites in case new driver versions are released. Eventually a newer driver could help.

I won’t be bad idea to confirm that the graphics controller in your computer is actually working fine.

Perhaps you can install the original Windows version the computer came with from factory and test the graphics controller performance, if the green lines still come up then you could be having a hardware issue.

I hope these recommendations are of your help.

• 3. Re: Graphic Driver Help
              TheBossDriver

The green lines when watching vids only happens on YouTube so I think it has something to do with adobe flash player but after an update it dosen't happen much. What BOTHERS me most is the DRIVER CRASHES and BSOD'S -THINGS RELATED GRAPHIC ISSUES. Maybe Intel is putting an effort to this or maybe not but as far as I know I made like 1-6 forums in HP this probaly means HP do not care about releasing fixes for Windows 10 drivers. Is there any way Intel can make an alliance with other Manufactures or contact them to finally make Windows 10 drivers ( graphic driver ) more better and stable in other words "with no issues"

• 4. Re: Graphic Driver Help
                TheBossDriver

Hi maybe these crash dumps can help. Analysed by WhoCrashed a software:Resplendence Software - WhoCrashed, automatic crash dump analyzer

The info:

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Thu 15/10/2015 16:56:57 GMT your computer crashed
                crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\101515-22875-01.dmp
                This was probably caused by the following module: watchdog.sys (watchdog+0x3C3D)
                Bugcheck code: 0x119 (0x1, 0x11386E, 0x11386F, 0xFFFFE0014A6E23B0)
                Error: VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR
                file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\watchdog.sys
                product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
                company: Microsoft Corporation
                description: Watchdog Driver
                Bug check description: This indicates that the video scheduler has detected a fatal violation.
                The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 15/10/2015 16:56:57 GMT your computer crashed
                crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
                This was probably caused by the following module: watchdog.sys (watchdog!WdLogEvent5_WdCriticalError+0xCD)
                Bugcheck code: 0x119 (0x1, 0x11386E, 0x11386F, 0xFFFFE0014A6E23B0)
                Error: VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR
                file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\watchdog.sys
                product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
                company: Microsoft Corporation
                description: Watchdog Driver
                Bug check description: This indicates that the video scheduler has detected a fatal violation.
                The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 11/10/2015 15:58:18 GMT your computer crashed
                crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\101115-21125-01.dmp
                This was probably caused by the following module: igdkmd64.sys (igdkmd64+0x16560)
                Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFE000691204C0, 0xFFFFF80023926560, 0x0, 0xD)
                Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
                file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\igdkmd64.sys
                product: Intel HD Graphics Drivers for Windows 8(R)
                company: Intel Corporation
                description: Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver
                Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
                A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: igdkmd64.sys (Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver, Intel Corporation).
                Google query: Intel Corporation VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

Conclusion

3 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

igdkmd64.sys (Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver, Intel Corporation)

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination with the errors that have been reported for these drivers. Include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions on the web by users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Also this image from my crash shows Windows 8(R) BUT IM USING WINDOWS 10?

• 5. Re: Graphic Driver Help
                  darwinb_intel

Hello TheBossDriver,

The main limitation we have is the fact that right now there are thousands of computers around the world using our drivers for Windows 10 working with no problems.

We need to understand that newer operating systems are usually made for newer hardware and even though they are backwards compatible in most of the cases with older computers the different manufacturers cannot grant for sure the full compatibility.

I am afraid that Intel is not the responsible to resolve the problems with your computer.

But thank you very much for your feedback and the information provided.

• 6. Re: Graphic Driver Help
                    cyrilbrian90

Try to download from download center. And run the installing program as administrator. If you can't find compatible driver in the website or install it, I think you can try to use driver management tool like Driver Talent to help you install Intel drivers on Windows computer.

• 7. Re: Graphic Driver Help
                      TheBossDriver

Tried that. I created a post in TENFORUMS and I think my issue is resolved (not 100% sure) not about green lines in videos but driver crashes and BSOD, I used DDU in safe mode and uninstalled everything from INTEL. It appeared somehow a 3rd party diver was causing this ( i didnt even download any 3 rd party drivers ) Once I uninstalled everything rebooted it and went to WINDOWS UPDATE and it downloaded Intel Iris 5100 again. But this time I went to manufacturer website and FOUND HECK OF A LOT OF UPDATES chipset etc...Installed them and checked the sws folder if any more are outdated. HP has a software that is called HP SUPPORT ASSISTANCE and seems like it wasn't working and giving updates like it did when i had WIN8.1 I tried reinstalling it too see if it works but it doesn't created a thread in HP support forums for help.... ANYWAY my issue might be solved like I said not 100%. Also i need help to see if this driver update is compatible: Because I am running Intel Iris 5100 graphics 4th GEN :

Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40]

Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 [15.40][4th Gen]