9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2015 12:42 PM by N.Scott.Pearson

Unable to logo splash screen on DN2820FYKH

Ark

How to put logo on splash screen on DN2820FYKH

• 1. Re: Unable to logo splash screen on DN2820FYKH
          ivanu_intel

You can try putting a logo on splash screen using the Intel® Integrator Toolkit, you can download it at:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20829/Intel-Integrator-Toolkit

You can see how to work with the Intel® Integrator Toolkit at:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-015474.htm#iflashissue

• 2. Re: Unable to logo splash screen on DN2820FYKH
            Ark

Have used this utility in the past with no issues.  On this build it goes through the process and upon reboot goes back to the default Intel logo that is assigned in the bios.  Tried different sizes with no success.

Ideas.

Keith

• 3. Re: Unable to logo splash screen on DN2820FYKH
              N.Scott.Pearson

First thing I suggest is that you verify that the dimensions of the image you are attempting to use is at or smaller than 40% of monitor's height and width. For example, if you have a monitor with a resolution of 1920x1080, the maximum size of the image is 768x432. Remember too that, while you can load 4 images, the one that is used is dependent upon the orientation (landscape vs. portrait) and resolution (standard vs. wide-screen) of the monitor. If the one selected is too large for the detected monitor, it is not going to be used (and default will).

Next, I would verify the version of ITK that you are using. The most recent version for all platforms is 5.0.4.575. I noticed that some of the links on download center (like that provided by Ivan above) are to older versions (5.0.2.562 in this case). Regardless of the NUC you are using, use the latest version...

...Scott

• 4. Re: Unable to logo splash screen on DN2820FYKH
                Ark
                1. Negative.

Using 5.0.4.575 

Tried numerous graphics down to 13k.

Tells me that it is flashing Image then shows the default every
                time.

Have Windows 7 loaded on this unit.  Noticed that all
                default graphics are for Windows 8.1

Changed color depth on graphic.

This happens if I install from the utility, save bios file and
                use F7, or create a bios installation file.

Never had this many problems with other Intel motherboards and
                other NUC units.

Any Idea???

Keith

• 5. Re: Unable to logo splash screen on DN2820FYKH
                  N.Scott.Pearson

I just ran a quick splash screen test on my system with DZ87KL-75K motherboard. I got it to work, but not the way it is supposed to. I have a feeling that something got broken in the BIOS support and this has perpetuated into a whole bunch of BIOSs (for the 8 Series boards as well as the NUCs). I need to do some additional tests to isolate the exact issue that we need to report to Intel; I will let you know...

Yes, this feature was developed specifically for Windows 8 (and beyond). On Windows 7 machines, the splash screen is displayed for only a very short time. The moment that Windows started loading, the system splash screen is overwritten by the Windows splash screen. In many cases, with the time it takes monitors to initialize and the speed at which the BIOS complete POST and starts O/S load, people never got to see the system splash screen at all. Microsoft responded to complaints about this issue (from OEMs) by presenting a way for the BIOS to hand off the splash screen to Windows and Windows would then continue to display it right up until when the logon screens are ready.

...Scott

P.S. It would help me if you indicated exactly what you did. Did you load 4 images (for the Standard(4:3)/Landscape, Standard/Portrait, Wide-screen(16:9)/Landscape and Wide-Screen/Portrait monitor resolutions/orientations) or did you just load one for the monitor type that you have on the system?

• 7. Re: Unable to logo splash screen on DN2820FYKH
                    N.Scott.Pearson

I just ran a full test. Here are the attributes for this test:

1. Running on my DZ87KLT-75K.
                    2. I added four images to the BIOS. This included an image for each of the Standard-Landscape (Win8Logo Standard), Standard-Portrait (Win8Logo Standard Portrait), Widescreen-Landscape (Win8Logo Wide) and Widescreen-Portrait (Win8Logo Wide Portrait) monitor types..
                    3. The first pair of images presume that the Standard (4:3) resolution monitor(s) being used have a 1280x1024 resolution. That is, the images are 512x409 and 409x512, respectively.
                    4. The second pair of images presume that the Widescreen (16:9) resolution monitor(s) being used have a 1920x1080 resolution. That is, the images are 768x432 and 432x768, respectively.
                    5. I ran this test on a (DZ87KLT-75K-based) PC that has two 24" Acer monitors with 1920x1080 resolution. Thus, I expected to see the Widescreen-Landscape (Win8Logo Wide) 768x432 image displayed.
                    6. What I actually saw displayed was the Standard-Landscape (Win8Logo Standard) image.

I conclude from this test that the BIOS is failing to ascertain the proper resolution for the (primary) monitor. In this case, it is using the default (Standard-Landscape) image.

Ark, I would like you to try performing your test again. This time, however, insert the image as the Standard-Landscape (Win8Logo Standard) image. If I am correct, you should then see your image be displayed.

While you do this, I am going to run a similar test on my D54250WYKH NUC...

...Scott

• 8. Re: Unable to logo splash screen on DN2820FYKH
                      N.Scott.Pearson

OK, I ran the same test on my D54250WYKH NUC, using the latest WY0040 BIOS. In this case, the BIOS correctly identified that the NUC had Widescreen monitors connected to it and displayed the appropriate (Widescreen-Landscape, Win8Logo Wide) splash image.

The issue that I am seeing with my DZ87KLT-75K board is not present in the latest D54250WYKH NUC BIOS (WY0040). Of course, this does not mean that this or a similar problem is not occurring with the DN2820FYKH NUC.

Ark, let me know how your test went...

...S

• 9. Re: Unable to logo splash screen on DN2820FYKH
                        N.Scott.Pearson

Ark,

RE: "I would like you to try performing your test again. This time, however, insert the image as the Standard-Landscape (Win8Logo Standard) image. If I am correct, you should then see your image be displayed."

What happened when you tried this?

...S