9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2015 9:59 AM by Oldbridge

NUC5i5MYHE don't recognize automatically my LG 4K TV.

Ostora
        • 1. Re: NUC5i5MYHE don't recognize automatically my LG 4K TV.
          jasonNUC

Hi Ostora,

Just a shot in the dark here, but I have a NUC in my living room, and if I turn it on, then turn the TV on, I get no signal.  But as long as I turn the TV on (and have it on the right input) before I turn on or wake up the NUC, it works fine.

Jason

• 2. Re: NUC5i5MYHE don't recognize automatically my LG 4K TV.
            Ostora

thx for the reply but that was the first thing i tried and it didnt work.

• 3. Re: NUC5i5MYHE don't recognize automatically my LG 4K TV.
              jasonNUC

That's what I was assuming, but it's always worth a shot.  Your cable and adapter both look good, but are you able to try another of either, just to test?  I've noticed the NUCs tend to be finicky about cables.  I've personally had cables that work fine on on NUC/TV combo not work at all on another.

• 4. Re: NUC5i5MYHE don't recognize automatically my LG 4K TV.
                Ostora

well i tried a lot of hdmi cables and i m sure cable is not the problem.

i have no other adapter desway i will order a new one from amazon.

• 5. Re: NUC5i5MYHE don't recognize automatically my LG 4K TV.
                  Whamsday

I am facing exactly the same issue with my new NUC5i5RYH (W10/x64) on the mini displayport graphics output when I try to connect to my Samsung Ultra HD TV with both these Moshi adapters:

What happens is that each time I managed to connect my NUC via the TV's HDMI ports and then terminate the active windows session by any means (shut down/hibernate/restart...) the NUC loses the connection completely with a dark screen even directly after restarting, without any chance to reestablish a connection with the TV - except for pulling out the mini dp connector for a short moment and putting it in again. This always works to solve that issue but as Ostora said this of course is no practical solution. As for the Moshi adapters I can use them on the same TV with my MacBook Pro's mini dp output at 3840x2160@60Hz resolution straightaway so this won't be the technical bottleneck I guess. Strange enough, with the Intel NUC I never managed the 60Hz, only 4K@30Hz with the same adapters and I am completely running out of any ideas how to solve these annoying issues.... btw, of course all the latest drivers installed and also the latest BIOS running.

From what I realised the TV must receive at least any sort of signal from the NUCs mini dp as the connected TV HDMI port is shown as active and is also selectable as video source on the TV as long as the NUC stays physically connected to the TV.

I tried the same setup with my LG desktop monitor and had exactly the same results as with my TV, so for me there really seems to be a displayport issue with the NUC. I also tried the Mini-HDMI output, where I also faced some trouble discovering a HDMI-connected display. But as I bought the NUC to be operated with my TV at 4k@60Hz I just want to get the mini dp working the way it is supposed to. Anybody out there with a new approach???

• 6. Re: NUC5i5MYHE don't recognize automatically my LG 4K TV.
                    Whamsday

I guess I found the cause for the mini dp detection problem as on Friday I was desperate enough to reinstall the whole system and came across some intermediate boot problems in that context, trying to start my ssd with legacy mode MBR partition in UEFI environment. I then had a closer look at the actual benefits of UEFI compared to legacy BIOS in the Microsoft Technet ressources and had to learn that the UEFI environment provides significant influence on the control and management of the graphic adapter compared to legacy mode based OS installations.

In a nutshell, once I disabled legacy mode jn the Visual Bios and switched to a pure UEFI re-installation of Windows 10, everything worked out perfectly on both the Mini HDMI & Mini DP output, no detection problems anymore,, neither in clone mode, extended or single display, just as you would expect it to do.

Almost like that, unfortunately I still don't manage to address a 4K/ 3840x2160p resolution at 60Hz on my Samsung TV via the mini dp yet, which should be working fine with the technical equipment I use. As I said, just by switching from NUC to my MacBook Pro as video source (also running Windows 10  but with NVIDIA adapter instead)  without any other changes I directly get the desired 4k resolution at 60Hz...

Seems tp me that Intel does not really support full, native 4K resolutions with the current Win10 driver at the moment.  At least not for Intel HD 6000 series graphic adapters...

• 7. Re: NUC5i5MYHE don't recognize automatically my LG 4K TV.
                      Ostora

glad to hear u solved your problem.

i will try it now.

thank you

by the way i dont know any DP adapter that can handle 4k@60Hz according to c't Magazine (May 2015) DP to Hdmi adapter with 60Hz are not yet on the market

the maximum is 4k@30Hz. all Seller on amazon clearly mention it.

• 8. Re: NUC5i5MYHE don't recognize automatically my LG 4K TV.
                        Ostora

omg Thank you very very much Whamsday ITs WORKS !!!

i just install windows 10 in pure UEFI mode (disabling legacy mode) and now its works like a charme.

no detection problems anymore. u saved me a lot of time.

again Thank you very very much.

• 9. Re: NUC5i5MYHE don't recognize automatically my LG 4K TV.
                          Oldbridge

Same problem here. only 4K@30HZ. With a surface and the same cable I get 4K@60HZ. Either it is the drivers but bear in mind Surface has an older graphic set or maybe a bios issue. Basically if I try to set to up a customs resolution 4K@60HZ I get a message insufficient bandwith.