1 2 3 Previous Next 36 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2010 5:26 PM by Boyet

DP55WB Memory Problems

Prometheus81

i recently bought a DP55WB Intel board and an i5 to go with it , my problem came up when i tried to boot up when the whole system was built it seems that channel A *slot closest to the CPU* will not register that the memory is installed if i put the dimms in channel b it boots up fine , i did a little research online and it seems this is a known issue and Intel has updated the bios so i updated the bios and still get the same problem , any idea anyone , I'm running 4 gigs of Kingston memory 2g per channel at 1.5v 1333 MHz

• 1. Re: DP55WB Memory Problems
          Gize

If you're only using 2x2GB of memory, It gets plugged in as so:

1 stick in Channel A DIMM 0

1 stick in Channel B DIMM 0

i.e. the two blue slots.  http://downloadmirror.intel.com/18131/eng/DP55WB_TechProdSpec.pdf  Page 17, in the "NOTE" part.

From my understanding you're trying to install the memory as so:

1 stick in Channel A DIMM 0

1 stick in Channel A DIMM 1

Ditto for Channel B.

• 2. Re: DP55WB Memory Problems
            andypon

I'm having exactly the same problem now. I did the most recent BIOS update, but still no change. Did you ever find a solution?

• 3. Re: DP55WB Memory Problems
              Boyet

If you have 4gb of memory installed they should be installed as Gize indicated. That is 1 stick in Channel A Dimm0 and 1 stick in Channel B Dimm0. You can check this in the Desktop Utilities under system information/detail/memory. Also check your ram if it is dual channel and the proper timing is set in the bios.

• 4. Re: DP55WB Memory Problems
                andypon

Thanks for the reply.

That's what the instalation guide says, but I can't boot with that configuration. I can run with memory in both slots of Channel B. When I add mmodules to both slots of Channel A I can't boot, either.

The liveChat technician suggested it was because my memory (OCZ Platinum Series PC3 10666) was 1.65 volts and the board calls for 1.5v. I changes the BIOS to 1.65 and still no luck. I also have updated to the latest BIOS.

Also, the stick shows 7-7-7-20, and the bios showed set at 7-7-7-16. I changed that to 7-7-7-16 and still could not boot.

• 5. Re: DP55WB Memory Problems
                  rossy2010

hy , pls go into ur bios chek if ur ddr ram is set at atuomaticly and tell me if ur bios reconeize ur ddr ram at 1333Mhz. If not , then u have to buy another tipe of ddr ram . I had the same problem and i buy another type of ddr and is solve the problem.

• 6. Re: DP55WB Memory Problems
                    rossy2010

hy , pls  1) put one stik of ur ddr ram into channel A and then 2) pls go into ur bios chek if ur ddr ram is set at atuomaticly and tell me if ur bios reconeize ur ddr ram at 1333Mhz. If it reconeize to a smaller Mhz than 1333 Mhz then put the second stik of ddr ram into channel A than do the step 1 and 2 again , if u still can`t boot than  u have to buy another tipe of ddr ram . I had the same problem and i buy another type of ddr and is solve the problem.

• 7. Re: DP55WB Memory Problems
                      Boyet

We have the same board and the same ram. Mine is the 4 gb. OCZ3P1333LV4GK installed in channel A and B DIMM0. This is what I have done so far with my system and it has remain stable. I have set it to 1333 Mhz with timing of 7-7-7-20 @ 1.6v. The other settings leave it as is. Use bios version 0122 or 0190 only. Other bios versions will give you the blue screen and unpredictable reboots.

• 8. Re: DP55WB Memory Problems
                        andypon

When I boot with sticks in Channel B the bios shows 1066. I manually changed it to 1333, but still can never boot if stick(s) is in Channel A.

• 9. Re: DP55WB Memory Problems
                          andypon

I changed all the timing settings and have BIOS 190. No change, still works with stick in both DIMMs of Channel B, won't boot with anything in Channel A. I about to give up.

• 10. Re: DP55WB Memory Problems
                            Boyet

In the original post of Prometheus81 it is stated that "...Channel A *slot closest to the cpu.." is Channel A Dimm0. I think this is not right. Let the cpu be our reference, let's call the memory slot starting from the cpu as slot 1, 2, 3, and 4. From this configuration, slot 2 = Channel A Dimm0 and slot 4 = Channel B Dimm0. That is where you place your memory modules. To test your memory module or check the slot, place one module in slot 2. Then reboot and note if there are any error. Then place the other module in slot 2 and take note. If both modules does not give any error then they're okey and slot 2 is also okey. However, if both gives error perhaps slot 2 has a defect. It is stated in the product guide that slot 2 must be populated all the time to properly operate the board.

• 11. Re: DP55WB Memory Problems
                              Coredom

Hi,

Just bought the same MB. Have the OCZ low voltage mem as well. My system did boot with the memory in the blue Dimm fartherst from the CPU ( opposite the instructions). Placing memory in CHannel A dimm 0 would always fail to boot. I know have 2 mem in the farthest two Dimms running @ 1.6v and a speed of 1067. I deifinitely think this is a major bug. Was wondering if anyone has tried to load all 4 to see if it works? the agent seemed to blame the memory not the board but it would seem there are problems with the board.

• 12. Re: DP55WB Memory Problems
                                Boyet

I had mine with the ram installed exactly as indicated in the motherboard instruction guide. If you go to the OCZ forum website (http://www.ocztechnology.com) you will find people asking on how to change the timing of their rams because it's causing blue screen and random reboots. Maybe you have a different board version than mine. Can you download and run the Intel Board ID utility and get your board version?

• 13. Re: DP55WB Memory Problems
                                  Coredom

Hi,

Board version AAE64798-205 w/ the latest BIOS 2010.0112. I also tried plugging the memory into just the black DIMMs with no success. Only thing that works is the two farthest DIMMs. There is no problems in this position, but I am concerned that this is a defect and is affecting performance of the memory. ( running @ 1067 instead of 1333).

• 14. Re: DP55WB Memory Problems
                                    Boyet

Your board version is different from mine. Mine is version 204. This could be the reason why your ram works at the furthest blue sockets. Lets solve the performance of your ram. Just place your ram in the two furthest socket. Go to http://www.ocztechnology.com and obtain the timing of your ram including the voltage. Next you have to go to your bios and change the timing of your ram, the multiplier to 10, and the voltage. Leave the other values in their default setting. If the ram voltage is 1.65v just set it to 1.6v and see if it makes the system stable. Bios version must be either version 0122 or the latest 0190. Other versions will result to a blue screen and random reboots.

As to the board version we have to ask andypon if he has the same version as yours. If yes then maybe both of you can use this as some reference for a replacement of the board.

1 2 3 Previous Next