3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2015 10:04 PM by ragjaws

HP Envy 10x 360 Laptop will not awake after upgrading to Windows 10

ragjaws

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue AND 'does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?' If you can offer a % rate please do.

I upgraded to Windows 10 a week ago, previous to that on Windows 8.1 I had my Screen to turn off after 5 mins on both battery and power and to Sleep after 3 minutes on both Battery and Power. I never had an issue waking up my laptop. After my laptop started goin to sleep I could not wake it up I hd to power it off using the power button, also when I try shutting down my laptop the power light remain on and I have to use power button to shutdown. I contacted HP and was told that I need a new driver for my Display.

I have waited for Windows Update to update the driver still no luck. I now have 'never' as my answer to shutdown screen and to sleep. I am sure shutting down the laptop with the power button is good for it.

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

HP Envy 10 x 360 laptop

Hybrid or switchable graphics system? ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

no

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

LFP

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

8.00GB

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.

ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

n/a

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).

TinyGrab - Simple. Screenshot. Sharing.

Software (SW)

Operating System version (see note2 below).

VBIOS (video BIOS) version. This can be found in “information page” of CUI (right click on Desktop and select “Graphics Properties”.

TinyGrab - Simple. Screenshot. Sharing.

Graphics Driver version; for both integrated Intel and 3rd party vendors (see note2 below).

SW/Apps version used to replicate the issue.

n/a

Configurations

Single display, clone, or extended (see note2 below).

Display resolution & refresh rate setting of each display (see note2 below).

AC or DC mode, i.e. is power cable plugged in or not?

How to repro

Please provide steps to replicate the issue.  Thesesteps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix.

A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. Avideo of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link.

NOTE1: