Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Surface Pro 3 Win10 GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

PVilj
Beginner

Since upgrading my Surface Pro 3 to Win10 I've had several Intel graphic driver crashes.

This always happens under one of two conditions, while editing graphics in PowerPoint and / or while watching a video stream embedded in Chrome via Flash.

I first see the screen go black, flicker, flicker, similar to Windows trying to recover from a GDI driver crash, then BSOD.

Fault is always the same:

FAULTING_IP:

igdkmd64+16550

fffff800`a66b6550 4055 push rbp

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

MODULE_NAME: igdkmd64

IMAGE_NAME: igdkmd64.sys

As far as I know the driver and Windows Update is current.

Current driver is reported as v10.18.15.4256

I have a full memory dump if you are interested.

3 Replies
Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

Hello ptrsmntc

Could you please let me know if this error happened several times?

Please take into consideration that TDR stands for (Timeout Detection and Recovery) which may be triggered by different causes.

We recommend customers to look carefully for other causes of TDR issues such as overclocked processors or memories, incorrect component compatibility and settings such us memory configuration to ensure the issue is not related to system configuration . Additionally, faulty memory sticks, motherboards or processors, insufficient system cooling, and insufficient system power.

I will attempt to reproduce the error in our laboratory. Could you please provide me specific circumstances when this error happens such as how long has the device been on, how often do you restart or power off the device, which programs or apps are running, etc

Do you always get a "BSOD" error?

Additionally, you may try updating all your system drivers using the Intel® Driver Update Utility http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect Intel® Driver Update Utility

0 Kudos
PVilj
Beginner

It has happened several times.

This is a surface pro 3, there are no user serviceable parts, it is stock, updated by windows update, drivers provided by intel to msft.

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Intel is aware of the issue related with Windows 10 and the Intel® graphics, our engineering department is working on a new graphics driver. You can post your issue and see more information here:

/message/320480# 320480 https://communities.intel.com/message/320480# 320480

0 Kudos