3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2015 6:33 AM by marving_intel

How do I troubleshoot Bluetooth on Intel NUC 5i5RYH?

Bradley.S

Intel NUC 5i5RYH

Ubuntu 14.04.3

Hello,

I cannot add Bluetooth devices to my NUC. I do not know if it is an OS problem or a problem with the hardware. What steps do I take to determine if the fault is in the software or the hardware?

NUC is brand new. Clean install of Ubuntu 14.04.3

Bluetooth manager searches for Bluetooth devices but never finds anything. I have a Bluetooth audio receiver, keyboard, and headphones. My Android devices can find and connect to the BT devices. My Apple laptop can find and connect to all the devices.

• 1. Re: How do I troubleshoot Bluetooth on Intel NUC 5i5RYH?
          philly4

This might not be the answer you are looking for, but I would say the easiest thing to do to troubleshoot OS vs hardware is to install another OS.  If you don't have an extra version of windows handy, I'd recomend installing windows 10 on a different partition, and having it dual boot so that you can see if you can connect your devices under a different OS.  As long as you have an USB stick (I think you need 4GB) you can install windows 10 and not need a key or anything.  Just click skip and never enter a product key to do the testing.  Then after you tested it, you can delete the partition like it was never there.

If I had to guess, it's probably the the OS/drivers.  I don't have a ton of Ubuntu experience, but when I did use it, driver support for things not named keyboard, mice, video card, and monitors was poor and very hit or miss.

• 2. Re: How do I troubleshoot Bluetooth on Intel NUC 5i5RYH?
            Bradley.S

Good idea. Great idea, actually.

• 3. Re: How do I troubleshoot Bluetooth on Intel NUC 5i5RYH?
              marving_intel

Hello Bradley.S,

I see on this forum that you were going to do the suggestion given by philly4 which is actually what we recommend on this type of cases so can you please provide us with your results of that testing?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

marving_intel