3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2015 12:14 PM by N.Scott.Pearson

DX58SO - latest version of RAID that is supported

SSD-Upgrade

latest driver for DX58SO mother board for RAID - need latest support for SSD drive

• 1. Re: DX58SO - latest version of RAID that is supported
          N.Scott.Pearson

According to download center, that last officially-supported version for this board was 10.1.0.1008. You could try a newer version (download version for, say, a 6 Series board), but I think you need to match the version to that of the corresponding firmware in the BIOS...

...S

• 2. Re: DX58SO - latest version of RAID that is supported
            SSD-Upgrade

What about this post?

My issue with Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST), DX58SO and Windows 7 x64 is resolved with Intel RST version 12.5.0.1066. The link below was provided by Intel Tech Support on a Support Chat.

Download Center

After two Intel Support chat sessions where the techs were pushing CTRL I to create a RAID 5 volume in lieu of troubleshooting the RST, I was finally offered the above link, because I didn't want to reload Windows 7 and all the other programs on my system disk. If you use CTRL I to create a RAID volume, you will lose everything on the volume disks, to include the OS.

The DX58SO Support Driver Download Center has RST 10.1.0.1008. When I attempted to install this driver, my system froze at the windows start screen. I was required to repair windows and use system restore to get the system to boot again.

About a year ago, an Intel tech on Intel Support Chat recommended using the RST 11.0.0.1032 on the DX58SO2/DX58OG driver download to resolve the issue with RST 10 noted above. RST 11.0.0.1032 installed without freezing Windows, but would not create a RAID volume due to "unknown error."

Today, on Intel Support Chat, a tech offered a link to RST 11.2.0.1006 and suggested I remove all optical drives from the board. I did and I got the same results as RST 11.0.0.1032. The program loaded without freezing Windows, but fails to create a RAID volume due to "unknown error."

Today on my second Intel Support Chat, a tech offered a link to RST 12.5.0.1066, the link posted above. It worked. The program loaded without freezing Windows and it created a RAID 5 volume without errors.

I asked the techs why these versions of RST were not on the DX58SO driver download center and they both indicated that the driver download center is not up to date. I find that strange.

This RST issue has existed on three different versions of the DX58SO; boards with AA numbers that ended in 501, 503 and 705. So, I don't think this is an isolated tech issue.

If you're Intel RST program on a DX58SO running Win 7 Pro x62 fails to create a RAID volume due to "unknown error," then the fix is likely the link posted above.

• 3. Re: DX58SO - latest version of RAID that is supported
              N.Scott.Pearson

I see that, for the SO2 board, version 11.0.0.1032 was the latest, but SO and SO2 have different BIOSs. You can always download and try the versions pointed to by some of the newer boards. Version 12.8.0.1016 can be downloaded from the DZ87KLT-75K page, for example.

...S