Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20634 Discussions

Graphics Drivers windows 10 x64

RCRIS2
Beginner

Hello everyone I wanted to know why even if I install new graphics drivers for Windows 10 (4th generation Intel HD 4600 vers.15.40.4.64.4256), I installed the old ones (10.18.15.4256). Can you help me understand?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
FEter
Beginner

Same isue here, but with windows 10 pro and Intel HD4000, I'm stuck on 10.18.104252 even dought I try to install 15.33.38.64.4252 trought the nitel driver update utility or by downloading and trying to install manually the driver.

0 Kudos
RCRIS2
Beginner

The problem lies in 'executable or Zip file, before the' installation is written the new diriver while in 'executable there are old drivers.

I also contacted the support of Intel and they told me that the graphics drivers must be downloaded from the official website of the manufacturer of your motherboard or laptop as we l 'I have. But I say it is not so!

Let's see if the 'Intel solves this problem! Even support told me to download drivers intel hd 4600 for Windows 8.1.
0 Kudos
AAlm2
New Contributor I

I agree this is confusing, but I think you are running the latest drivers. My understanding is that ver 15.40.4.64.4256 refers to a driver "package" that includes video driver version 10.18.15.4256. It's be nice if Intel stepped in to confirm and clarify. They should have better documentation on their download site to explain.

0 Kudos
FEter
Beginner

Intel driver update utility keeps telling me that Im on 10.x, and that i should update to 15.x, so I dont think the problem is just a naming thing.

0 Kudos
AAlm2
New Contributor I

I don't trust the Intel driver update utility. I did a clean install of windows 8.1 and had several devices that needed updating, and it has never identified several needed updates that are listed in intel driver download section.

0 Kudos
RCRIS2
Beginner

In fact, I agree with everyone, I think the problem is in the driver package, because if you notice well, especially in the zip file when both launches l 'installation in high specification drivers 15.x, then when you forward instead appear drivers 10.x.

I think Intel should improve the installation packages of drivers and update itself even the utility to install drivers that I keep telling me that must be upgraded to version 15.x.

Not only that, if I start the 'utility also reminds me of the HD 4400 graphics drivers, which are not mine so I do not know what to do.

You too have had the same thing?
0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

You have the same version as long as the last four digits are identical.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-020667.htm Graphics Drivers — Understanding The Intel® Graphics Driver Version Number

0 Kudos