Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20601 Discussions

BUG REPORT: glTexSubImage2D fails to update stencil in GL_DEPTH_STENCIL texture

YKund
Novice

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue AND 'does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?' If you can offer a % rate please do.

On a OpenGL 3.2 Core application, updating a GL_DEPTH_STENCIL/GL_UNSIGNED_INT_24_8 texture using glTexSubImage2D updates only the depth buffer, and leaves the stencil component unchanged.

This has been reproduced in 2 different machines, so I'll give my system information and mention any details I have available from the other machine.

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Lenovo E440

Intel i5-4200M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs)

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Hybrid or switchable graphics system? ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Intel-only system. (Bug also reproduces on a system with hybrid Intel-nVidia. Works correctly when forcing usage of the nVidia card.)

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in) 

N/A

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

System RAM: 8 GB

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.

ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

N/A

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).

Software (SW)

Operating System version (see note2 below).

Windows 8.1 (also reproduces on a Windows 10 system)

<td style="border: none; pa...
6 Replies
YKund
Novice

I accidentally posted an incomplete version of the post. I've edited it with the complete question.

Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

Hello yuriks

Please try updating to the latest Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 for 4th Generation Intel Core Processors. You may download it from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81496/Intel-HD-Graphics-4600-for-4th-Generation-Intel-Core-Processors Intel® Download Center

An updated version of the Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 drivers may have already corrected the issue when glTexSubImage2D fails to update stencil in GL_DEPTH_STENCIL texture.

0 Kudos
YKund
Novice

Cesar,

Sorry, my colleague had already tested on the latest driver version (15.36.24.4264 as of this writing.) but I wasn't sure of the exact driver version at the time and so didn't include it. I went and tested myself with freshly updated drivers and the results are identical.

0 Kudos
Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

Hello yuriks

Could you please provide instructions on how to locally reproduce the issue?

Cesar B.

0 Kudos
YKund
Novice

Sure:

Note that, while the other test cases display correctly on an Intel GPU, the problem does not appear to be related to the use of the stencil masks (as would be indicated by the message), but simply that the other tests don't rely on the initial contents of the stencil in the FBO. The stencil texture fails to properly update in all cases, but this does not affect the other tests.

Thanks

Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

Thanks yuriks for the information. We are currently working on this and will keep you informed.

0 Kudos