7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2015 4:13 AM by MelissaG

Galileo Gen2 issue

MelissaG

I am doing a project for college, I need to use Galileo to make a robot move from one place to another, while scanning its surroundings using Ping ultrasonic sensor mounted on a servo.

First, for the servo I am getting the following error about the library: library Servo claims to run on [avr, sam] architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on [i586] architecture(s); and I couldn't find a solution. Any suggestion or help?

Second, my sensor is only returning zeros, why?

Third, for the motors, Arduino is not reading the library, that I included.

I really need some help.

Thank You

• 1. Re: Galileo Gen2 issue
          PabloM_Intel

Hi MelissaG,

Could you please tell me which Arduino IDE you are using? Is this happening at the time of compilation? It might be possible that at the time of compilation, the wrong folder is being opened to call the library Servo that you mention. Could you share a screenshot of the message?

Can we see the code you are using for the ultrasonic sensor?

Also, which path are you using to include your library?

Regards,

PabloM_Intel

• 2. Re: Galileo Gen2 issue
            MelissaG

Hi PabloM_Intel,

Thank you for answering.

First I am using Arduino IDE 1.6.5; for the servo I tried two things:

1- Using the Arduino Servo library

2- Including another servo library

they are both not working

I attached two screenshots of the two cases.

to include the library I added .zip library in the Sketch toolbar, so it was added in the C:\Users\User\Documents\Arduino\libraries

what do you suggest?

Thank you very much

Regards,

MelissaG

1-

1.JPG

2-

2.JPG

• 3. Re: Galileo Gen2 issue
              PabloM_Intel

Hi MelissaG,

I tried to replicate your issue using the Servo library included with the Arduino IDE, but I’m not getting the error from the first image. Did you download the Galileo package from the Boards Manager menu successfully? I would suggest you to check that.

Now, for the Servo library that you included, I think that you’re using the wrong path to add it. Please try to include it in here:

Disk (C:)\Users\YourUser\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\Intel\hardware\i586\1.6.2 + 1.0\libraries. Let us know the outcome.

Regards,

PabloM_Intel

• 4. Re: Galileo Gen2 issue
                MelissaG

Hi PabloM_Intel,

I was trying a couple of things before I get your answer. One of them was uninstalling Arduino IDE 1.6.5 and installing the 1.6.0 and things actually worked fine. the servo Is now rotating and the sensor is working too. But my last problem is the mobility of the robot. when I bought Galileo they gave me a DFRobot L298P twin V1.1 motor shield so I can connect the 4 motors to Galileo; I used a sample code found online but it seems not to work with the two because the robot is not moving. Do you think that the shield is incompatible with Galileo?

Thanks

Regards,

MelissaG

• 5. Re: Galileo Gen2 issue
                  CHerbst

MelissaG

In regards to the motor shield think this will help.  It's Intel's report on a bunch of tests with several different shields.  There is a DFRobot shield listed and it mentions it has the L298P chip (page 193).  It has sample code and detailed testing which I hope comes in handy for you.

CHerbst

• 6. Re: Galileo Gen2 issue
                    PabloM_Intel

Hi MelissaG,

Where you able to test what CHerbst suggested? Did you get any positive result?

Regards,

PabloM_Intel

• 7. Re: Galileo Gen2 issue
                      MelissaG

Hi,

after reading the link CHerbst gave me, I solved the issue and it is working perfectly. Thank you both PabloM_Intel and CHerbst. And allow me to refer to you for later questions.

Thank you