The Intel® SSD DC P3700 is compliant with current standards, and should operate in compatible systems according to its Product Specification.
You can review the system requirements and installation instructions for the drive in the following document:
Checking the HP* Proliant DL180 Gen9 Quickspecs and HP Unified Extensible Firmware Interface website, the server supports PCIe Gen3 x8 and x16 and UEFI 2.4, which are above the minimum required by the drive.
Here are the main recommendations we can provide based on the information available:
- Update the BIOS of your server.
- Make sure that the SSD and Riser board are properly seated.
The documentation for your server does not mention support for PCIe NVMe SSD's, so we strongly advise you to contact HP support and confirm if they are aware of any compatibility issue with this configuration. Here are some possible things you might want to check with them:
- Check if the system was tested to use NVMe SSD's.
- Test using a single memory DIMM and then try to boot the system again. Some systems are not be ready to use this type of SSD's and may have memory conflicts. If this is the case, you would have to check on this with HP.
- Which slot are you using to connect the drive? The Maintenance and Service Guide for your server indicates that using the secondary riser board in the system requires a second CPU.
This card is not in HP's approved add on card list. So they simply refused to support and suggest me to remove the card from server. This is not the solution what I expected from HP.
Our best advice is to review the recommendations mentioned before regarding installation, BIOS, PCIe slot used and memory. You may also try using the SSD in another computer and check if it is detected properly.
The Intel® SSD DC P3700 is designed according to international standards and should work well with current computers, however, there may be some systems that are not fully compatible with the technology used in these drives.
If you require any additional details or assistance, you may Contact Support to work with and agent in your region.