3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2015 8:16 AM by aleki_intel

Bluetooth stops working (Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160)

BlackColt

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5547 laptop which has a WiFi+Bluetooth adapter (Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160, Driver Version: 17.1.1529.1613)

I have been facing problems, from day 1,  in using Bluetooth headphones with the laptop. Bluetooth headphones connect & work fine immediately after a laptop restart but the headphones won't connect after waking the laptop up from sleep. Also, sometimes Bluetooth icon disappears from system tray & Bluetooth device disappears from device manager,  and I see below Bluetooth related events (Error & Warning) in event viewer.

The local Bluetooth adapter has failed in an undetermined manner and will not be used. The driver has been unloaded.

Source:    BTHUSB

Event ID: 17

A command sent to the adapter has timed out. The adapter did not respond.

Source:    BTHUSB

Event ID: 3

I have attached an events file "Bluetooth-Events.evtx" that has details of both the events.

This problem was present when the laptop had Windows 8.1 and continues to be present even after upgrading to Windows 10.

Based on a suggestion from an online forum I disabled power management on Bluetooth and WiFi devices in device manager by unchecking  "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". But the suggestion didn't fix the problem. I am getting frustrated with the problem and will really appreciate some help.

Please let me know if you need more details.

Laptop Model:       Dell Inspiron 15 5547

Adapter:                Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160

Driver Version:      17.1.1529.1613

Thanks.