5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2015 5:05 PM by PrateekS

bluez make error

PrateekS

I am trying to compile the bluez library for bluetooth commands and seeing following error during make --

CCLD client/bluetoothctl

gcc: error: /usr/lib/libdus-1.so: No such file or directory

Makefile: 3922: recipe for target 'client/bluetoothctl' failed

Below is my edison info --

> uname - a

Linux PratEd 3.10.17-poky-edison+ #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Apr 29 03:54:01 CEST 2015 i686 GNU/Linux

Cmds that i executed --

> git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/bluetooth/bluez.git

> cd bluez

> ./bootstrap-configure --disable-systemd -disable-udev

> make

> ls -ltr /usr/lib/libdbus-1.so

lrwxrwxrwx     1     root     root     18 Apr 29 01:58     /usr/lib/libdbus-1.so -> libdbus-1.so.3.7.6

I don't see the file "libdbus-1.so.3.7.6" in /usr/lib which is why the error... i am not sure how to resolve this error though?

Thanks for help!

• 1. Re: bluez make error
          Intel_Peter

Hello PrateekS,

I was following the steps you posted to install BlueZ » Blog Archive » Release of BlueZ 5.33, however when running ./bootstrap-configure --disable-systemd -disable-udev, it did not finish the process, I got the following error:

configure: error: SBC library >= 1.2 is required

Did you get a similar behavior? If so, then you could be missing BlueZ » Blog Archive » Release of sbc-1.2. Or was the configure process normal for you?

Why are you trying to install a different version from the one pre-installed on the Edison? In previous image versions there were commands missing, however in the latest image, you should be able to use all the Bluetooth commands.

Peter.

• 2. Re: bluez make error
            PrateekS

Hi Peter,

I was trying to use btmgmt/gatttool cmds highlighted in Intel Edison Bluetooth guide, however don't see those commands by default.

I did see "configure: error: SBC library >= 1.2 is required" error while running bootstrap-configure.... however was able to resolve that by installing pkg sbc-dev (version=1.2-r0)...

there was another library (speex) error after that and was able to resolve it similarly by installing speex-dev pkg (version=1.2rc1-r2) for it.

PrateekS

• 3. Re: bluez make error
              Intel_Peter

I'm glad to hear that you were able to solve your issue. If you encounter any other, don't hesitate to come back to the community.

Peter.

• 4. Re: bluez make error
                PrateekS

Installation of sbc-dev and speex-dev resolves the "bootstrap-configure --disable-systemd -disable-udev" error.

However, the make error still remains --

CCLD client/bluetoothctl

gcc: error: /usr/lib/libdus-1.so: No such file or directory

Makefile: 3922: recipe for target 'client/bluetoothctl' failed

• 5. Re: bluez make error
                  PrateekS

I was running out of space on /root, so i followed steps to re-partition/flashall and increase root size.. was able to do that earlier. (didn't try the bluez make step earlier, as i didn't think the error was because of disk space on root)

I tried running bluez make again and seems to be running fine. so it is possible that the error i was seeing had to do with space on root? Or possibly building Intel Edison image using bitbake, resulted in this passing?

But now at least i am able to move forward.

Thanks for help!