Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

Intel DG35EC windows 7 install problems

idata
Employee

I have a built system with the Intel DG35EC motherboard, Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66 with 8 gigs of memory (1.8v) ddr2 800. I have the windows 7 upgrade (professional version). When I bootup with the disk it is extremely slow for the setup to run. It took over a day to finish the windows 7 install. Once it was finish, I login and Windows 7 is slow to operate. I check task manager and all the cpu's are jumping from 25% to 100%. The computer is pretty much useless since everything is painfully slow. I wonder are their issues with windows 7 and this motherboard? I have updated the Bios. Here is my list from when I bought the parts.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 Yorkfield 2.66GHz 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core ProcessorIntel BOXDG35EC LGA 775 Intel G35 Micro ATX Intel MotherboardCrucial 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model

I have spent 4 days already in trying to make this work. I have try installing the drivers for windows 7 thinking it might fix the slowness and nothing has worked. Done the install again still no good. Not sure if anyting needs to be done on the bios setting? Please help.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

I fixed the problem thanks to soemone on the community board. Turns out it is Bios 0117. It has problems working with 64 bit OS with 8 gigs.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yeah Intel's BIOSs are idiotic. Right now I'm facing a problem whereby Win XP will not run setup from a CDROM, it seems to be an issue across several DG35ECs that I have. In my case even the latest BIOS doesn't fix this.

As for your problem, the DG965SSCK had a similar issue with > 3GB of RAM, the solution was to use a particular (old) version of the BIOS. Issues like these will play a serious role in my purchasing decisions for Intel hardware in the future. Sure their products are rock-solid, but their buggy BIOSes make them nearly unusable....

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

XP is prior to ahci. Check bios setting (ahci or ide), or f6 in the driver from the MBcd via floppy at start setup

0 Kudos