Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20688 Discussions

Out of Date Drivers

GHans
Beginner

Have a Vorago Nano computer with Win 8.1. I want to upgrade to Win 10, but says that Intel drivers are not compatible. Doesn't say which drivers. Ran Intel Driver Utility and it says that HD Graphic driver needs updating, but when I try to update, the new driver will not install.

Intel Celeron CPU 1037U @ 1.80hz

Intel HD Graphics

Device Manager shows: driver version 10.18.10.4226

New driver: 15.33.36.64.4226

Don't know why it won't install. Don't know if it is Win 10 compatible either.

Would have thought that Intel would be on top of this as Win 10 did not sneak up on anyone.

Desperate to get rid of Win 8.1

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello kwhombre,

Just keep in mind that the Intel Driver Update Utility can only be run on Intel Motherboards, if you're using OEM computer it won't work. In this case the computer manufacture provides the compatible drivers for windows 10. Windows Driver Utility will provide you with the latest drivers for your system.

Regards,

Amy.

GHans
Beginner

I have spent a good amount of time on the Intel website trying to download new drivers using the Intel Utilities update tool. Only Intel device that shows needing update is the HD Graphics and when I download and install the new one from Intel download center it does not work. It goes through the process and when I check Device Manager for driver version, it has done nothing. The same old driver is still there and I am stuck being unable to download Win 10 as a result.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

We understand that you need the drivers but at this point all the drivers for that specific model are provided by the computer manufacturer, so the best thing to do is to check directly with them. However, Windows Driver Utility will provide you with the latest drivers for your system, so as an option you can check with Microsoft.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos