1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 18, 2015 4:07 PM by Amy_Intel

i7-5820k overheating

alvesri

I have an ASUS x99 deluxe MB and recently had the system crash. I tried a replacement PS and then ASUS replaced the MB. I'm now finding the processor overheating and the CPU fault LED is lighting up.

I've tried calling the 1 916 377 7000 number to be on hold for over an hour.

I've tried the chat support to find them never available.

I've tried a service request and am not able to select a program / product.

I am infuriated that I cannot get service for a product I paid good money for and am expecting better things from Intel.

I live in central time US and try chat / phone ~ 4:30 PM CST.

• 1. Re: i7-5820k overheating
          Amy_Intel

Hello alvesri,

My recommendation still is to contact Intel Customer Support for warranty replacement of your i7-5820k. You can use the following options to do that:

Online warranty: Service Request Email

Email: crmotherboard@mailbox.intel.com

Phone: 916-377-7000

Chat support:  Contact Support

At this point you have done the recommended troubleshooting steps and it seems that the issue persists, what I would recommend is running the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool Intel® Download Center, if the CPU overheats we will be able to confirm it with this tool.

Could sent us the report from the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool.

Please once the the diagnostic is done go to File>View Results File and sent the txt file.

Regards,

Amy.