9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2015 9:47 AM by SiliconBoy

Compute Stick, is missing motherboard controller?

Susperia

Hi.

I have done a clean Windows 10 install, but it is missing many things, it looks like the controller?

I can't even install the graphics.

It is in Danish, so i hope your can see what i am missing?

Now it is useless.

1.png

• 1. Re: Compute Stick, is missing motherboard controller?
          SiliconBoy

I am having the exact same problem.

After installing Windows 10 32-bit as a clean install option, I get the following missing drivers in the Device Manager.

The latest Graphics driver that Intel provided for this (15.33.38.4252) does not install in Windows 10 as it throws an error stating that this driver is not compatible with this version of Windows.

The Wireless and the Bluetooth drivers provided by Intel worked, but it did not resolve the issue with missing drivers for other motherboard components including the CPU and GPU.

I will follow this thread for possible solution to this problem.

• 2. Re: Compute Stick, is missing motherboard controller?
            AdiGB

I don't know why Intel does not provide system drivers for their own compute stick, but they do provide drivers for chinese tablet and mini pc manufacturers.

I made a list of needed drivers: GPIO, GPIO Virtual, I2C, PMIC, SST Audio, MBI (SideBand Fabric), TXEI, UART and IWD Bus Enumerator.

Search Google for "Intel MRD7 Win10 Driver Package", download the rar archive, you can find most of needed drivers there (newer that the included drivers in the original Windows 8.1 installation). I did not used the setup.exe because the whole package does not apply (we do not have sensors, camera, battery and the included graphics driver is older), instead I manually used the device manager / update driver function for each device, giving the path to the Drivers folder.

Also you further need the TXE application (besides the driver) and the IWD Bus Enumerator driver. You can find them on the same site with Intel MRD7 Win10 Package, if you search there for "voyo mini pc". You will find an article about installing Windows 10 on this mini pc, with links for 8.1 drivers and win 10 drivers. The first set includes the TXE (trusted execution engine) application (SecInstaller\SetupTXE.exe) and the second includes the IWD Bus Enumerator driver.

• 3. Re: Compute Stick, is missing motherboard controller?
              Susperia

Thank you very much.

I only used, Intel MRD7 Win10 Driver Package, that installed everything.

I am so glad, that it is working again, you saved my day.

Again thank you

Ps. My English is not perfect, so i hope your understand.

• 4. Re: Compute Stick, is missing motherboard controller?
                mikec_intel

Hi,

The drivers available for Intel® Compute Stick STCK1A32WFC are in the link below:
                Intel® Download Center

Regards,
                Mike C

• 5. Re: Compute Stick, is missing motherboard controller?
                  AdiGB

Hi Mike,

Can you tell us where exactly on that page are the needed drivers (i.e. Atom Chipset system drivers)?

Regards,

Adrian

• 6. Re: Compute Stick, is missing motherboard controller?
                    mikec_intel

Hi AdiGB,

Please reply with your processor model and computer model. I will send the drivers available for Microsoft® Windows 10.

• 7. Re: Compute Stick, is missing motherboard controller?
                      SiliconBoy

Hello Mike,

The computer model is:

Intel® Compute Stick STCK1A32WFC / Intel Compute Stick Windows BOXSTCK1A32WFCR

Processor Model is: Intel Atom Z3735F

There are only 3 drivers available for this production under Windows 10. The Wi-Fi driver, Bluetooth driver and the Graphics driver. The Wi-Fi and Bluetooth drivers are getting installed. However the Graphics driver does not install as it complains "System not compatible"

Also, as mentioned earlier, the CPU and many other devices on the motherboard does not have drivers.

Thank you for helping us out.

• 8. Re: Compute Stick, is missing motherboard controller?
                        mikec_intel

Hi SiliconBoy,

The Windows 10 upgrade recognizes and uses the product key of the factory-installed version of Windows 8.1. If you initiate a "clean" installation of Windows 10 (instead of an upgrade), you will be asked for a product key during the installation.

To resolve this:

a) Cancel the "clean" installation of Windows 10.
                        b) Boot into the factory-installed version of Windows 8.1.
                        c) Follow the steps in this document to upgrade to Microsoft® Windows 10 32bit.

Windows® 10 Upgrade Instructions (Manual installation)
                        Intel® Compute Stick STCK1A32WFC — Windows® 10 Upgrade Instructions

Regards,
                        Miguel C

• 9. Re: Compute Stick, is missing motherboard controller?
                          SiliconBoy

Hello Miguel,

I followed the exact same procedure but it fails to upgrade. Hence I did a clean install but Intel has not provided correct drivers for Windows 10 yet. The graphics card driver available from Intel Download center for Windows 10 does not work.

Please provide complete driver package for Intel Compute Stick for Clean Windows 10 Install.