4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2015 7:58 AM by faugub_intel

Windows 10 but no DirectX 12

Youdontknowwho

I upgraded to Windows 10 last week and I've just realized my laptop us still running with DirecX 10, which is quite puzzling because Win 10 is supposed to come with DirectX 12. I wonder if there is any requirements to use DirectX 12. My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1464 running on Intel(R) Core i5 (Clarkdale) with Intel(R) HD Graphic (Ironlake), 3072 MB Ram.

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue AND 'does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?' If you can offer a % rate please do.

Windows 10 is supposed to come with DirectX 12, but mine remains DirectX 10 (according to dxdiag tool). This problem seems unique to me because I haven't found someone with the same issue

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Dell Inspriron 1464 (five years old)

Hybrid or switchable graphics system? ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

No AMD or NV graphics

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

Generic PnP Monitor (LFP)

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

3072 MB

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.

ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

None

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).

Software (SW)

Operating System version (see note2 below).

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 10240) (10240.th1.150807-2049)

VBIOS (video BIOS) version. This can be found in “information page” of CUI (right click on Desktop and select “Graphics Properties”.

Graphics Driver version; for both integrated Intel and 3rd party vendors (see note2 below).

SW/Apps version used to replicate the issue.

Configurations

Single display, clone, or extended (see note2 below).

Single display

Display resolution & refresh rate setting of each display (see note2 below).

1366 x 768, 60 Hz

AC or DC mode, i.e. is power cable plugged in or not?

Plugged in

How to repro

Please provide steps to replicate the issue.  Thesesteps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix.

A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. Avideo of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link.

Dixdiag tool informs me that my laptop has DirectX10, even if Windows 10

Untitled2.jpg

Untitled.png