7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2015 6:41 PM by btabc

Cannot upgrade to Win 10 due to:

btabc

As the title says I cannot upgrade to Windows 10.

I have a HP ENVY dv7 and have reserved my "free" upgrade for Windows 10 from my Windows 8.1, however I keep getting a prompt that:

"Critical Hardware components made by Intel for your PC don't have drivers for Windows 10 yet, CONTACT INTEL for more information"

I have downloaded "Intel Driver Update Utility" and installed the latest driver version which is:

"15.33.36.64.4226" and restarted, but upon running the program again it's saying that the latest driver is the same one? After my computer reboots I get a command prompt screen that I can't read fast enough.

I have been waiting for this since the 31st of last month and I understand Intel is probably swamped with requests regarding the same issue.  I do know I've got a i7 processor and a NVIDIA graphics card, but that shouldn't matter because that's up to date.

What I'm trying to understand is this issue going to be solved?  And if so, is there any sort of time frame on it?

• 1. Re: Cannot upgrade to Win 10 due to:
          Amy_Intel

Hello btabc,

In this case the computer manufacture provides the compatible drivers for windows 10. However, Intel provides with generic drivers, we can help you to find the compatible drivers according to your system and what Intel has available.

Please sent us your system configuration here it the way to do it:

System Information: Click Start> Type System Information> Click File> Export> Save File> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.

Regards,

Amy.

• 2. Re: Cannot upgrade to Win 10 due to:
            btabc

Hey Amy,

Thank you for your reply.  I was unable to follow the steps you provided to get my system config, but is this the same as Msinfo32?  If so here's what you asked for

• 3. Re: Cannot upgrade to Win 10 due to:
              Amy_Intel

According to HP web site the Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update Utility, here you can check that information HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support. Additionally you can download the latest Graphics drivers for Windows 10 from our site Intel® Download Center

Regards,

Amy.

• 4. Re: Cannot upgrade to Win 10 due to:
                btabc

Ok, I've "updated" everything I could and made sure I got the latest drivers.  I restarted and still get the message that Win 10 is not ready due to intel components not being made for my PC yet.  Is this a screen that refreshes every month or should it work instantly?

• 5. Re: Cannot upgrade to Win 10 due to:
                  rguevara

Hi btabc,

I would recommend that you check the following Intel website: Windows® 10 support information for Intel® products and if you have an Intel product that is validated by Intel to run on Windows* 10 and you are having issues with the upgrade or clean installation process please contact Intel Customer Support, here is the Intel Contact Support page: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport

Regards,

• 6. Re: Cannot upgrade to Win 10 due to:
                    btabc

Hi rguevara,

Thank you for your response, but unfortunately I have already installed Intel (R)  Driver Update Utility Management 2.2 and it's telling me that the only two things I've got to download and install are the following:

Intel (R) HD Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8/8.1-64-bit and it's version 15.33.36.64.4226 (which I've already got installed)

And Intel (R) Chipset Device Software (INF Update Utility-EXE Only) which I have TRIED to install multiple times (10 to be precise) and each time it fails and I don't know why?

I have gone to Intel's website and manually installed this driver and it says "Click finish to complete the process" and I do, but once I open the IDUU (Intel Driver Update Utility, it's saying that I don't have that one installed and instead I've got one that starts with a 12.

I guess I'm either going to have to wait and see if this "problem" can be solved or go with a ISO clean install and keep all my files.  I hate to do that though because I don't understand why nothing I've done has worked?!

I've also installed HP Support Assistant and it's telling me I'm up-to-date on all the drivers through there as well.  I have even checked "Windows Update" and tried to see if there's anything at all, and there's NOTHING, so I'm at a loss unfortunately .  

• 7. Re: Cannot upgrade to Win 10 due to:
                      btabc

I wanted to give a quick update on what's happening to my "Get Windows 10" app.  It no longer says "Critical components by Intel have not been made..." blah blah blah, but now it says:

"We're working with out partners to make sure that Windows 10 is ready for your particular PC.  When you get your notification it means that you can proceed with your upgrade". 

That's all!  Also, the second driver that would not install through the Intel Driver update utility has disappeared as well so I'm only receiving the one driver (that I've already got installed).  That's SOME good news, now just to wait and see what happens.