Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

Intel Extreme Tuning Utility Benchmarking

CCoch
Beginner

Hi,

Download XTU today and tried to run a benchmark first off on the default profile. I press 'Run Benchmark' and it starts then gives me the error of 'The bench marking process has failed and no score wan generated as a result'. I will include my system specs below. Not much more info I know to give.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello codyman12345,

In this case you will need uninstall the XTU and then install "KMDF 1.11 update for Win7" at the following link http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=38423 Download Kernel-Mode Driver Framework version 1.11 update for Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2 from Official Micros…, once install go a head and install the XTU.

Let me know your finding.

Regards,

Amy.

CCoch
Beginner

KMDF 1.11 was already installed on my machine. Or at least thats what the installer told me. Reinstalled XTU and tried to run the bench marking again with no success.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

I have been running the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (6.0.2.2) on Intel® Desktop Board DQ77KB and Intel® Desktop Board DQ77CP and it has been working, by now there might be an issue from your end.

Have you tried reinstalling the OS? It could be an issue with Windows registry.

Could you please send us a snapshot of the error you get when running the XTU?

Regards,

0 Kudos
JPete16
Beginner

Hi,

I also have this problem. I found the following in one of the logs. However the file does exist at D:\ProgramData... C:\ProgramData is a hard link to D:\ProgramData. Apparently IETU is sensitive to the underlying link which it should not be. I don't know if this explains the benchmark failure, but it must be related in some way.

Jon

2016/02/06-14:59:57.3029|INFO] Loading Application Persistence settings from file C:\ProgramData\Intel\Intel Extreme Tuning Utility\PerformanceSettings.sdf with hardware key of "Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X3470 @ 2.93GHz"

2016/02/06-14:59:57.3969|!ERR] Exception opening database: C:\ProgramData\Intel\Intel Extreme Tuning Utility\PerformanceSettings.sdf

2016/02/06-14:59:57.3969|!ERR] The database file cannot be found. Check the path to the database. [ Data Source = C:\ProgramData\Intel\Intel Extreme Tuning Utility\PerformanceSettings.sdf ]

2016/02/06-14:59:58.1609|!ERR] Failed to load persisted platform setting values

2016/02/06-14:59:58.1659|!ERR] System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements

at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)

at IronCity.XtuApplication.ApplicationPersistenceDevice.LoadPlatformSettings(String settingsDatabase, String hardwareKey, List`1& bootValues)

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, proj964:

The Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) works with extreme processors only. I recommend you to uninstall and delete the current version from your computer and install it again using the file from the link below;

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU- Download Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU)

Regards,

0 Kudos