Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20500 Discussions

Intel 4600 HD display issue

JStJo
Beginner

Problem:

Screen is off-center and text is blurry. Half the taskbar and half of all the left-most icons are cut from the screen. I feel like I've narrowed this down to an Intel graphics driver problem because when I uninstall or disable the intel graphics adapter the windows basic display adapter kicks in and works perfectly.

Some smaller questions/issues:

The Intel Graphics Control Panel lists my operating system as "Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview" when in fact its Windows 10 Home.

The Panel also lists my monitor as "Samsung digital television" when its a regular Samsung monitor (SyncMaster 2494HM).

The driver date according to windows is 7/17/2015. Does this mean my driver actually was not updated since the windows10 main release?

Would my NVidia card work if I fully uninstall my Intel driver? Or is NVidia dependent on the Intel GPU/drivers?

Comp: Alienware X51 R2 desktop

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600

monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2494HM

other card: NVidia GeForce 645 (uninstalled and disabled)

Resolution: 1920 x 1080

All drivers, chipsets, BIOS etc. have been upgraded to latest.

I suppose I'm just waiting for an update for now...

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Esteban_O_Intel
Employee

We have updated drivers ( v 15.40.7.4279 9/11/15 ) for the HD Graphics 4600 in our website, please visit.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81496/Intel-HD-Graphics-4600-for-4th-Generation-Intel-Core-Processors Intel® Download Center

Check also with Alienware for updated Windows 10 video drivers for Nvidia and with samsumg for monitor drivers.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Esteban_O_Intel
Employee

We have updated drivers ( v 15.40.7.4279 9/11/15 ) for the HD Graphics 4600 in our website, please visit.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81496/Intel-HD-Graphics-4600-for-4th-Generation-Intel-Core-Processors Intel® Download Center

Check also with Alienware for updated Windows 10 video drivers for Nvidia and with samsumg for monitor drivers.

0 Kudos