The Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 is supported through Windows 10* inbox drivers. If for some reason it is not properly working, we recommend that you contact Lenovo* to see if they have updates that might resolve the issue. In this link you can find Lenovo's contact number: Computer Manufacturer Support Web Sites In the meantime, you are welcome to check the connectivity solutions found in the links below.
I am having a problem with this wireless card since upgrading to Windows 10 64bit as well, this is on a Dell Inspiron 14z. The problem seems to be it drops DNS since the error is DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET or another variant of that. When this error occurs all browsers stop working and internet is labeled as limited. After a minute or two the connection resumes. This has only started to happen since updating to Windows 10.
I have tried everything from applying static DNS setting in Windows and my router. Flushing DNS, resetting winsock among others, nothing seems to help and the problem returns. I have also noticed in the advanced tab of the device driver the dropdowns are all empty, there are no options in them.
Edit: I was just able to rollback the driver to the January 6, 2015 version 22.214.171.124 from the April 30 (?) version and the advanced settings came back. When I checked before I was not able to roll the driver back. I will monitor this version and see if the problem goes away.
There seems to be a bug with Windows 10 and this wireless adapter.
The driver rollback did not fix the issue. The error comes back periodically.
The only drivers available for the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 are Windows*10 inbox drivers. Intel does not provide Windows*10 certified drivers.
We recommend that you contact Lenovo to see if they have anything available that might help you resolve this issue and if possible, contact Microsoft* as well for further assistance.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
I found that I was having the same issue as well. The (temporary) solution for me was to disable the Bluetooth radio and then I have had smooth sailing. Like was mentioned here as well, I found that the issue seemed to be with DNS as running ipconfig /flushdns seemed to make it work again. I found that I had issues after starting up again or after resuming from sleep. Since I have disabled the Bluetooth, I have had no issues maintaining a good connection.