6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2015 5:41 AM by Mikyy

Not access the recovery partition when I press the F8 key

Pierre14000

Hello, Sorry for bad english, I'm french and I use a translator. I have a problem since the update to Windows 10, I can no longer access the partition recovery when I press the F8 key at startup, nothing happens, the windows boot normally, though I wish I could go this recovery partition in case I need them. I said that the score is clearly visible in the disk manager, it is called recovery partition is made 4 GB. By BTW I like to know if among the people who have Windows Update Windows 8.1 by 10 you always have access to it by F8 recovery partition. Pending you lire Regards, Pierre

• 1. Re: Not access the recovery partition when I press the F8 key
          BoonXeven

You'll have to create a recovery drive to be able to access recovery now. If you hit the windows key, and type "create recovery drive", it should open up the windows utility to create one. Not sure how well this will translate to French, sorry if it's wacky.

Vous aurez à créer un lecteur de récupération pour pouvoir accéder à la reprise aujourd'hui . Si vous frappez la touche Windows et tapez " créer disque de reprise " , il devrait ouvrir l'utilitaire de Windows pour en créer un. Ne sais pas comment cela se traduira en français, désolé si il est farfelu .

• 2. Re: Not access the recovery partition when I press the F8 key
            Mikyy

Hi,

I have the same problem after Win10 upgrade attempt. Tried to crate SR case, but there seems to be a problem with Intel support webpage. Can you please help me? Did you find solution, or replacement is the only option?

BR,

Mikyy

• 3. Re: Not access the recovery partition when I press the F8 key
              BoonXeven

Does Windows 10 not boot? If Windows 10 boots, and you only need the recovery out of future concern, you'll just need to make a recovery drive from within Windows 10.

If Windows 10 isn't booting, and your recovery drive isn't booting either, then that's a little bit more difficult. When you update to Windows 10, it will cache info about your system, and will automatically authenticate Windows if you do a fresh install. I'm not sure how or where in the upgrade process your Win 10 install failed. If it failed after authenticating your system, you can do a fresh install and it should authenticate. Luckily, it's really easy to do a clean install of Windows 10, as long as you have access to another computer, a thumbdrive, and the whole authentication thing works in your favor. Go here, and follow the instructions. Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool - Windows Help It will wipe everything on the Intel Compute Stick. If there is something critical on there that you need, you might be able to access it with a bootable Ubuntu thumb drive. If none of that helps, you'll have to do an RMA to Intel.

Mikyy wrote:

Hi,

I have the same problem after Win10 upgrade attempt. Tried to crate SR case, but there seems to be a problem with Intel support webpage. Can you please help me? Did you find solution, or replacement is the only option?

BR,

Mikyy

• 4. Re: Not access the recovery partition when I press the F8 key
                Mikyy

Hi there,

thanks for answer. Unfortunatelly Win10 isn't booting.

I have already Win10 media creation tool, but during fresh installation is asking for the serial number - which of course I do not have, as that one was not provided with Intel Compute Stick.

Should I try to skip that part and hope that it will be automatically activated when intalled? And if not, will RMA be still an option or Intel will refuse it?

Thanks in advance!

Mikolaj

• 5. Re: Not access the recovery partition when I press the F8 key
                  BoonXeven

Just skip the license at first. I upgraded, and then immediately afterwards did a clean install of Windows 10 on another laptop. It asked me for the license twice. I skipped it both times, and once it was installed and I logged in, it said authenticated. If it doesn't do it automatically for you, then I'm not sure how else to get Windows 10 to activate. There were initially some posts saying Windows 10 installation/upgrade would void the warranty, but that turned out to just be confused Intel help desk employees. They absolutely should do an RMA for you. If they don't, raise hell here, and one of the Intel employees in this forum will straighten out the situation. :-)

• 6. Re: Not access the recovery partition when I press the F8 key
                    Mikyy

Thanks!

I hava contacted Intel now and have RMA in progress :-)

Cheers,

M