cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware Update Seems OK, Should I Be Concerned?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I downloaded the toolkit & upgraded my firmware & everything seems ok. I haven't run any speed tests, but have noticed an increase in speed. With all the reports of people bricking their G2 SSDs, I'm a bit nervous. Is there anything I should do? Should I just wait till the next update & cross my fingers in the meantime?

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Like Intel stated, if it works, don't do anything until Intel has stated something new. Now if you're concerned, just backup important data. Check if TRIM is working (if using win7). Oh yeah don't go switch back and forth with achi/ide. Other than that use it for awhile and let the community know how it's going with the SSD.

I'm still debating if I should update my Brand New g2 ssd or not. To me it seems that people with a brand new ssd and updated before doing anything else seems to have a working ssd after. What should I do?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Just wait for the new firmware or at least until we know what is really causing the problem. At this point we still do not have a definitive answer from Intel. Just my 2 cents.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I called tech support. The guy said that if I've rebooted my machine 3 times since the update & my ssd hasn't bricked, then I'm "one of the lucky ones". He told me to back up my data, but I shouldn't have anything to worry about.