1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 12, 2015 2:49 PM by rguevara

NUC Kit NUC5i5RYK USB Ports?

pmacday

I have two NUC Kit NUC5i5RYK and because of a shortage of USB ports I've had to rely on using a USB hub. At the moment I have a printer, mouse, and keyboard plugged into the USB hub. The system recognises it and everything works fine, but after a number of hours they disconnect and the only way to fix it is to pull the hub out and plug it in again. Both NUCs are left on 24/7 as they're workstations, but it's becoming extremely annoying having to unplug and replug the devices on an almost daily basis especially when they're VESA mounted.

I've tried the BIOS update, but it has not helped. Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: NUC Kit NUC5i5RYK USB Ports?
          rguevara

Hi pmacday,

I would recommend that you first try to isolate the issue and find out if this is a hardware issue or a software issue. You could try to use a different brand and model of USB Hub and I would try to unplug certain devices for testing purposes, perhaps the printer first leaving the Mouse and keyboard connected. Also and I know this is not a solution but it would interesting to leave one device at a time directly connected to the USB port, this would tell us if the problem is with the USB port on the NUC.

On the software side, I would check on any USB power saving mode or configuration.

If you are running a Windows* Operating System, go to Power Settings in Control Panel and look for any suspend mode for the USB ports and disable that.

I hope this helps and please share your results.

Regards,