Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz

dyate1
Beginner

Could we have some clarification into why intel don't think the 2nd generation processor's are upto the task of supporting windows 10.

I have had windows 10 installed on my laptop since the insider program was released and believe it or not i have not had one issue with performance ie

Start-up 43 seconds to load and shutdown 55 seconds

Graphic's not noticed nothing out of sort's

intel wireless N card 6230 nothing out of sort's hear

temp of processor 3 degree's below the average temp of having windows 7 installed or 8.1

My issue is the WiDi software what is needed to be able to wireless display over to device's what can receive wireless display is not been updated to support 2nd gen processor's.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MMarc28
Beginner

Me too...why the I7-2630QM can't run WiDi on Windows 10...it perfectly works on W7 and W8.1. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello all,

In this case the both processors in question belong to the 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 3000 meaning that generations is not supported with Windows 10, here you can check the Supported Operating Systems http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034343.htm Graphics Drivers — Supported Operating Systems.

It's possible to install Windows 10 but it comes to the drivers there won't be any driver compatible for that Graphics version.

The WiDi technology that operates with Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, here you can check the system requirements for Intel® WiDi http://supportkb.intel.com/wireless/wireless-display/templates/selfservice/intelwidi/# portal/1026/article/2511 Support Knowledge Base.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
dyate1
Beginner

Intel really do not understand do they there is thousands of people who have these gen of processor and graphic's.

Right i am going to explain this in as much detail as i can.

within Windows 7,8,8.1 this where poor OS for Intel hardware and the processor maxed out in multiply operations.

Memory out of 6 GB -3 GB

windows 10

This OS is a completely different matter the processor what is 2.30 GHZ use's 1.10 Ghz at a push so there is 1.20 GHZ available.

Memory out of 6 GB's 1.5 GB's.

So to me i really do not understand why Intel think this generation should not be supported i would understand anything under 1.7 GHZ not to be supported in these generation's of processor's and graphic's we are talking about.

Wireless display will surely be missed by those people who where using this feature in the other version of windows.

Can't Intel reconsider this decision even if it was only for a year.

Many thanks

Daniel Yates

0 Kudos
dyate1
Beginner

This is proof to the above.

0 Kudos